NAD and ohmy it's so blue :)

What's Hot
sweepysweepy Frets: 4268

Thanks to Gary at my local Pub/Music Shop I have one of these babies :)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    are you implying that your local pub is also a music shop, or that your local music shop is also a pub? sounds like paradise ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    The Red Lion in Cropredy is a Pub that has a Music Shop within its very walls :) A fine pint, some snacks and instruments to play ! result , oh, he also does some cracking deals .
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 283
    edited May 2014
    sweepy said:
    The Red Lion in Cropredy is a Pub that has a Music Shop within its very walls :) A fine pint, some snacks and instruments to play ! result , oh, he also does some cracking deals .

Surely they should rename it as "The Tremelo Arms"...

I'll get me coat.

(Congrats on the H&K.)

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Throws a handwired Pastie ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16667
    what cab are you using with that? The 18 is on my mental if I get back in a band I will need a new amp shopping list.* Thomann try to bundle it with some Harley Benton cabs, GAK with the H £ K  1x10 and the combo version is a 1x10. My thinking is the 1x10 and then a second one to have a hobbit style stack.
    ;))

*it's quite a long list and if it ever gets shared with MrsTheWeary the budget will be slashed!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    I have an MJW 4x10 with 2 Celestion Golds and 2 Celestion Blues which has the bottom half sealed and the top open backed . The amp really needs to be on 18w for that configuration but with a 1x12 celestion it really can work brilliantly at 5w, still loud enough  ;). One massive thing for me is how quiet the amp is, no hum / hiss etc
    sweepy said:
    I have an MJW 4x10 with 2 Celestion Golds and 2 Celestion Blues which has the bottom half sealed and the top open backed . The amp really needs to be on 18w for that configuration but with a 1x12 celestion it really can work brilliantly at 5w, still loud enough  ;). One massive thing for me is how quiet the amp is, no hum / hiss etc
    ooh, nice.
    :)

Something like that would definitely be out of budget. Something reasonably portable but loud enough to do a small pub and with a good DI are today's boxes I want ticked so the Tbmstr 18 and a single speaker cab would do that.

Enjoy the amp, they are a nice thing indeed.
    :)
    sweepy said:
    sounds like a second home :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    sweepy said:
    Oh it is , most tuesdays we can be seen spending too much money and talking utter bollocks until gone midnight ;)

sweepy said:
    sweepy said:
    Oh it is , most tuesdays we can be seen spending too much money and talking utter bollocks until gone midnight ;)

shame its so far from where I live ... I'm good at talking utter bollocks ;)
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 283
    what cab are you using with that? The 18 is on my mental if I get back in a band I will need a new amp shopping list.* Thomann try to bundle it with some Harley Benton cabs, GAK with the H £ K  1x10 and the combo version is a 1x10. My thinking is the 1x10 and then a second one to have a hobbit style stack.
    ;))

*it's quite a long list and if it ever gets shared with MrsTheWeary the budget will be slashed!

H&K have recently released a 12" GM18 combo, so you could go for that plus the 1x12 cab...

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
    I saw one of those t'other day.  Seriously dinky for what it is.  Looks great in the flesh.  The pictures don't do them justice.  I haven't heard one played yet, but I'd like to.
    Monkeybone;235178" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

;))

H&K have recently released a 12" GM18 combo, so you could go for that plus the 1x12 cab...
    oh, when I googled I only came up with the 1x10 combo.

[ Googles]

Found a price on Thomann. Ooh. Not stupid money.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    sweepy;235054" said:
    Phil_aka_Pip said:

sweepy said:

The Red Lion in Cropredy is a Pub that has a Music Shop within its very walls :) A fine pint, some snacks and instruments to play ! result , oh, he also does some cracking deals .sounds like a second home :)

Wow - that sounds fantastic! I'm only up the road in Daventry... This could get expensive!!!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

If you go, ask a out the Man v Food challenge too :)
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    Just so I am clear when explaining this to the Missus...
    It's a music shop... inside a pub? Normal pub opening?
    This just sounds too cool for words...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

It is like a little oasis of joy ;) He's had some nice stuff in , Bloomfield Les Paul , R8 , jap Tokais US Strats Tele's etc and he loves a haggle/trade etc