What to do with a JTM1c?

What's Hot
jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3074
edited September 2016 in Amps

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
    What does it sound like with a proper big cab?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited May 2014

Convert it to a head, or just play it through a bigger cab?

***EDIT: What he said up there /\***

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    jellyroll said:
    iii) put it in the cupboard and forget about it for a few hours and eventually just give it away.
    I'll take it off yer 'ands ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • NPPNPP Frets: 237
    delete this thread and sell it in the classifieds ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    It's the cab and the speaker that are the problem, not the amp. Replace the speaker, or just use it as a head into a proper cab.

Or just give it away now rather than later. This part of Scotland is offering a free recycling service to help meet our European targets at the moment. I'd be happy to pay your shipping to get it here and handle all the paperwork and stuff.

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3074
    Thanks guys - good suggestion to try it as a head as a way of determining whether it's the amp or the speaker I don't like. Will do that tonight. 

Thanks @ICBM. I'll.....er....give it some thought. 
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Keep it in the box and also the receipts etc. Wait another 50 years and profit. ££££££
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3074
    Branshen said:
    Keep it in the box and also the receipts etc. Wait another 50 years and profit. ££££££
    Hmmm. I'll be 97 by then....probably close to retirement.  :))
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616

Does it have a Celestion 70/80 speaker? (Muddy, Smothered-in-a-duvet-sounding-waste-of-magnets-and-metal)

If so, that's why it sounds the way it does.

A decent speaker will make a whole heap of difference.

Watford Valves will give you excellent advice on which speaker will suit it best and give you the sound you tell them you're looking for.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Alnico said:

Does it have a Celestion 70/80 speaker? (Muddy, Smothered-in-a-duvet-sounding-waste-of-magnets-and-metal)

If so, that's why it sounds the way it does.

No, it has some crap Marshall Custom Voiced 10" that sounds like an 8". I really thought it was an 8" when I tried one... only found it was a 10" when I read the spec later.

I agree with you about the 70/80 though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I tried these when they came out and every single one of those 1w amps was horrible. Im sure in the next few years theyll saturate the used market.