Cheap impulse NGD - lots of strings content

BucketBucket Frets: 7751
edited May 2014 in Acoustics
It was in my excellent local record shop, marked up at £100 - then my dad traded in a bunch of old vinyl and the price got knocked down to £75. Dad wants to use it as well so we've agreed to go halves - so effectively this guitar has cost me less than 40 quid. New!

I'd never heard of the company before, it's just a cheap off-brand type thing. And I've heard advice before that budget 12-strings are generally best avoided, it's hard to get them right for so little money - but really, this one is great. Not just for the money - as my dad said, "you could have told me it was £300 and I wouldn't have batted an eyelid". It's only quite a small body but it sounds good, and it's very easy to play indeed. I've played much more expensive 12s that I've had to fight a lot more, this one plays like a dream.

And it satisfies my long-held craving for something with 12 strings. Very happy with this one!
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Good work :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Bargaineous, and Woodstock is one of my favourite words, so many nice connotations.  Enjoy   :)

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Nice one, can't beat a bit of jangle jingle..

• Needs more strings!

I think my friends guitar shop stocks this brand and she really rates them.
    Old Is Gold
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27304
    Lovely stuff. I don't think I've ever played an acoustic 12. Might have to rectify that :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2378
    sweet :D
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Lovely stuff. I don't think I've ever played an acoustic 12. Might have to rectify that :)
    Brilliant fun.

Learn '39 by Queen.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Bargain, nice one!