Travelling with guitar on British Airways

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited July 2019
    boogieman said:
    Jalapeno said:
    To be fair guitar attitudes aside, BA is usally one of the better airlines for in flight service IME.
    I’ve only used them once, they were appalling. On the cusp of rude and arrogant inflight staff, crappy food. They seem to trade on past glories of being the best, but they’re certainly not any more. 
    The world of on board staff has changed a lot. It used to be a well paid job. But now, most airlines have cut the salary in half. I know guys who worked for BA long haul, they could live off their per diems and Bank their salary cheques. I think 30 years ago, you could have a good life as cabin crew. It’s the dreaded obsession of salary reduction and casualisation. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    For those of you craving closure, here's how the initial question was resolved. My brother-in-law ended up getting one of these second-hand from a Craigslist seller:

It's a Pelican 1700 rifle case. This thing is insane: crush proof, watertight, and with a pressur-equalization valve built in.  For regular guitars it wouldn't be long enough. But, for a Kiesel headless it is perfect! The case came without any foam inserts, but that was OK because the guitar was in the Kiesel custom padded soft case and with no foam the Kiesel case fitted snugly inside - result.

So that got checked in as hold baggage and the guitar came through without a scratch. Everyone was happy - except possibly the baggage handlers who may have had a go at it and ended up just bruising their toes ;-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom