SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All Sold: MXR Dyna Comp Mini + Chase Tone Secret Preamp + MXR Custom Comp

JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6183
edited July 2019 in FX £
Chase Tone Secret Preamp, excellent condition, boxed with instructions. £125.00 delivered. ***Sold***
This Preamp pedal gives three flavours of the Echoplex Preamp.

MXR Dyna Comp Mini, as new, boxed. £55.00 delivered. ***Sold***
The Dyna Comp mini is a less aggressive compressor than it's orignal namesake.

MXR Custom Comp, boxed, as new. £55.00 delivered. ***Sold***
Full on squish and click compressor with internal wheels for fine tuning attack and release. Fabulous comp.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6183
    Bump for two fine compressors. Both of these feature the metal can CA3080 which lots of people say is the secret to the best Dyna Comp tones. That said, the most Dyna Compish Dyna Comp I ever heard had one of the later ceramic ic's.(Battery only, block logo model). But anyway; metal cans, present and correct. :)
    Added the Chase Tone Secret Preamp, bought from the Fretboard recently. Definitely one of the best Echoplex preamp pedals around.
    Custom Comp sold.
     Chase Tone Secret Preamp sold.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    JezWynd said:
    Added the Chase Tone Secret Preamp, bought from the Fretboard recently. Definitely one of the best Echoplex preamp pedals around.
    just as a matter of interest - what did the three modes offer in tone / feel vs xotic ep or similar ?  
    JMP220478 said:
    JezWynd said:
    just as a matter of interest - what did the three modes offer in tone / feel vs xotic ep or similar ?  
    There's an obvious difference between Mid and Bright, though less defined between Dark and Mid, though apparently that becomes more defined into a cranked amp. It's actually quite a complex pedal with the Volume control giving different effects around the dial. I found 1 o'clock to be the golden setting, imparting a compressor like spank to tone and feel. The builder recommends placing it last in chain but I preferred it at the front in place of my comp.

It's a very nice tone enhancer and I was keen to try it out with the Echoplex delay but at the end of the day it wasn't giving me anything essential as a home player. If you're playing at gig volumes I think it might be more worthwhile.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    cheers for feedback - it does seem to feature on a number of boards of LA players I like - the compression does sound interesting and possibly another piece of tone chasing / gas essential investment ..  haha  
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 463
    edited July 2019
    JezWynd said:
    JMP220478 said:
    JezWynd said:
    There's an obvious difference between Mid and Bright, though less defined between Dark and Mid, though apparently that becomes more defined into a cranked amp. It's actually quite a complex pedal with the Volume control giving different effects around the dial. I found 1 o'clock to be the golden setting, imparting a compressor like spank to tone and feel. The builder recommends placing it last in chain but I preferred it at the front in place of my comp.

It's a very nice tone enhancer and I was keen to try it out with the Echoplex delay but at the end of the day it wasn't giving me anything essential as a home player. If you're playing at gig volumes I think it might be more worthwhile.
    The EP Booster and Dunlop Echoplex together sounds incredible. The EP booster makes my Boss SD-2 sound like a KOT, but it's all subjective.