SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS again :Les Paul Studio project

What's Hot
jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 317
edited August 2019 in Guitars £
I started a project stripping off the red finish from this 2016 Les Paul Studio T with he aim of refinishing, but I think I was a bit foolhardy as I have a wife, a child, an incoming child and zero spare time. 

So, no neck breaks or repairs anywhere, lovely mahogany back and neck, nicely figure maple cap. Partially sanded and stripped - plays and sounds excellent when all together. 

Comes with absolutely everything, all electronics and hardware including upgrades - Wilkinson Grover copy tuners (amazing), Iron Gear overwound Rolling Mill bridge humbucker, Tonerider Generator neck humbucker. 

It’s a lovely instrument that with some TLC and time could easily be someone’s number 1. I’m going to insist on collection from near Bath for this one as I don’t have a spare hardcase for it. 

I’m thinking £300 for this and with about £50 of materials and your time it’ll be perfect. 

Pictures to follow.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7222
    how much of it have you done?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 317
    Pictures above. Sanding of maple cap largely done but not entirely, some paint stripping, some sanding of sides and back. 
    looks fully stripped to me that hombre!!
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1558
    Id have this off you in a flash if I wasnt a 6Hr30min drive away! Great effort so far - why don't you put it away in a cupboard for when you *do* have the spare time? As an example, I have 3 acoustic guitars I started to build about 6 years ago and havent touch in 5 1/2!

Adam
  • RichardTRichardT Frets: 71
    Seconded. Keep it, put it away, in a year or two you'll have a few sprog-free hours and a therapeutic project ready to dive back into.
    Kalimna said:
    Id have this off you in a flash if I wasnt a 6Hr30min drive away! Great effort so far - why don't you put it away in a cupboard for when you *do* have the spare time? As an example, I have 3 acoustic guitars I started to build about 6 years ago and havent touch in 5 1/2!

Adam
    Same, I'd go for it but it's years away
    Sorry to be a tease, but after a quick chat with Rich on here I’m going to withdraw it from sale and it’ll be made into a lovely goldtop instead...thanks all for the interest!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1558
    Good decision :)
    Right - I’ve got a baby coming very soon and don’t know when I’ll be able to get the guitar to Rich so it’s on the block again. 

People who who were interested first time round get first dibs, but message away! Thanks.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28079
    Offer stands ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Revolting1Revolting1 Frets: 295
    P md
    When logic and proportion
    Sold pending collection.
  • RichardTRichardT Frets: 71
    Someone's getting a deal. Hope you'll still have something to play/ tinker with when you stagger away exhausted from the bairn in the early hours!
    Haha yeah I’m not bereft of guitars as still regularly gigging, but I don’t have time for projects like I used to...