SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

No longer required - King Tone Mini Fuzz GE

What's Hot
JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
edited July 2019 in FX £
Cash waiting / PP etc - in the unlikely event that someone wants to move one on ...

any feedback from current owners as my interest is based on online video etc ?

thanks for looking 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’ve had one before. Versatile tone options, cleans up nicely, a lot of volume on tap. I had an SM Fuzz too at the time which I kept longer than the Kingtone. Sold both now and I’m now actually using a cranked Hudson broadcast 24v for any fuzz needs as it’s far less fussy about where it is in the signal chain and still cleans up when you roll off the guitar volume pot. If I had to buy a new fuzz I’d probably save some money and plump for a Fulltone 69 MKII. 
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    I’ve had one before. Versatile tone options, cleans up nicely, a lot of volume on tap. I had an SM Fuzz too at the time which I kept longer than the Kingtone. Sold both now and I’m now actually using a cranked Hudson broadcast 24v for any fuzz needs as it’s far less fussy about where it is in the signal chain and still cleans up when you roll off the guitar volume pot. If I had to buy a new fuzz I’d probably save some money and plump for a Fulltone 69 MKII. 
    thanks for insight / feedback - what did the  King Tone not do for you ?  
  • JMP220478 said:
    It really shone when going into an amp that was already somewhat overdriven, and at the time I was playing with a very clean amp setting.  Nothing particularly wrong with it, I just think next time I'd prefer a fuzz that has a bit more control over it's tone so that it can play well with a wider range of guitars and amps.  And they're not cheap.  I had a Duellist too, that didn't stick either.  My pedal line up changes completely every few months it seems.
    JMP220478 said:
    It really shone when going into an amp that was already somewhat overdriven, and at the time I was playing with a very clean amp setting.  Nothing particularly wrong with it, I just think next time I'd prefer a fuzz that has a bit more control over it's tone so that it can play well with a wider range of guitars and amps.  And they're not cheap.  I had a Duellist too, that didn't stick either.  My pedal line up changes completely every few months it seems.
    Its fair to say Jesse Davey demo - his “ clean” tone is the best fender driven tone Ive heard in years .. so appreciate where youre coming from there .. im looking for a versatile fuzz and the idea of bias adjustment to dial in soecifics to suit pickups in use and bass management really appeals- how does broadcast compare ?   
  • Broadcast is a different animal.  It's not pitched as a fuzz, it's more of a germanium pre-amp.  But if you put it on the high gain setting and up the gain then it goes into fuzz territory, even more so if you hit it with a boost infront.  And because it has silicone first then germanium it doesn't have to go first in your signal chain.  For the amount of times I want a fuzz it's good enough, and when I don't it's got its own fairly unique drive sound.  Some good demos on YouTube, I got the 24v version from Peach Guitars.  Not the dual side one.  3 gain settings from the switch instead of the normal 2.  I also have a Beetronics Octahive, which does plain filthy more modern fuzz amazingly well but can also do the Hendrix type of octave fuzz sound.  But it's doesn't clean up like a germanium fuzz so you can't use it for those sparkling clean tones.  I use it more if I want an in your face Alter Bridge wall of sound tone.
    Cheers for details - food for thought indeed ; I am after the single coil cleanup thing and some flex as using HSS strat style guitars .. with most likely a edge of breakup Marshall .. 

Alterbridge n fuzz ?  I thought Marks stuff was boogie / uberschall and poss dumble these days with a ts or similar with tone wound off ..  
  • Yes Mark uses that setup, Myles uses a Fulltone Ultimate Octave along with a Dejavibe as part of his setup, so I use the Octahive in that way if I really want to get a nasty in your face sound, sounds epic into a loud gainy amp.  I have a PRS Tremonti which helps, high output bridge pickup on that thing.  If you get a change to try out the broadcast or watch a few of the YouTube demos you might find it does what you need.  I like pedals that can do more than one thing.  Recently got a Seafoam Pedals LowTide which does transparent low gain but can also do it with a TS or Klon flavour too.
    edited July 2019
    Interesting details re Myles - recently a picked  up one of the earlier deja vibes ( cream )- hadnt thought of it with high gain tbh .. always associate with hendrix trower gilmour etc n some funk players 
    will try with my mk v 25 and my Tremonti :-) 

will look at the Hudson stuff too 
  • PablocrackersPablocrackers Frets: 181
    edited July 2019
    I have one, one of the best fuzz’s ive ever played that and the myriad fuzz. Very dynamic, cleans up really well, can get alot of different fuzz tones from it i will say it has a tonne of low end / bass in its core i guess coz the designers a Strat player not a bad thing but loads of low end and loads of volume available from it 
    sounds best to me into a clean channel
    @Pablocrackers ; - have you tried it humbuckers ?   and why the mini fuzz vs the Myriad - other than price of latter :-(  ?
    no longer required - had a nose bleed n bought a Myriad ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Congrats. We look forward to your review. My nose bleed moment was buying a KOT. 
    Congrats. We look forward to your review. My nose bleed moment was buying a KOT. 
    and your thoughts on it   ?   at least you got two pedals( ish) ..

I have feeling I'll spend a shit load more now on a strat - ATB guitars ouch ...
  • Initially I was not wowed. It sounded flat compared to a Lovepedal Amp 11. However, tweaking the internal trim pots just brought it to life. It’s a subtle pedal.  I don’t like pedals that add massive colour to my guitar’s own tone. I’ve thought about selling after hearing the updated Line6 HX firmware has a cracking version of this pedal. But hearing the demos on YouTube the pedal still has some unique qualities not quite captured by modellers.