New Kemper Profiler pedal leaked at music festival

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I think the price is realistic.

I'm not sure about: Screen, buttons, lack of expression pedal.

However, it might sound amazing!

I'm hoping it brings about a Helix Floor sale so I can buy one (again!)
    It’ll sound like a Kemper. Unless I’m mistaken, all they’ve really done is rehouse an unpowered toaster into a floor based enclosure. I’m surprised they’ve kept the screen, because things have moved on in that department over the last 10 years. And that’s my biggest disappointment with it really... I’m not seeing anything new other than the case. A new screen, a new UI, a simplified approach... that was their opportunity. Feels like it’s a product that’s mostly intended to appeal to the Kemper die hards to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3719
    It looks to me as though they’ve taken a Kemper Profiler and the Kemper Floor Controller, both of which I own, and stuck them together in one box meaning one less thing to carry and saving me a full 30 seconds in connecting the two together with a CAT5 cable.  The price, if correct, does represent a significant saving compared to buying the profiler and controller separately but unless there is something new and exciting under the hood it does feel to me as though people are getting a little over excited - possibly due to the schools breaking up this week?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 643
    Kemper noob back again...

Is there such a product that does all the amp modelling which this does, but without any onboard effects? I really like what I have on my board and wouldn't want to give those pedals up but I am very interested in having multiple amp options.

Or, can I run my current board into a Kemper and does it have a 'normal' effects loop?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • abw1989 said:

Is there such a product that does all the amp modelling which this does, but without any onboard effects? I really like what I have on my board and wouldn't want to give those pedals up but I am very interested in having multiple amp options.

Or, can I run my current board into a Kemper and does it have a 'normal' effects loop?
    No such product at the moment. Lots of people have been crying out for it but there’s no indication that’ll happen.

You can use regular pedals with the Kemper just fine. If you put them in fron it reacts just like a regular amp. Effects loop is good too, and can be assigned in front or after the amp section. 

Older Kemper has one loop, looks like the new stage version has two.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    It is easier to just not use the effects in a device that has it.
    The soon to be released Fractal FM3 probably has the best form factor- or the HX Stomp- as they don't take up a lot of room on the board.

• TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    octatonic said:
    It is easier to just not use the effects in a device that has it.
    The soon to be released Fractal FM3 probably has the best form factor- or the HX Stomp- as they don't take up a lot of room on the board.

I can vouch for the stomp. Great sounding piece of kit. 
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    abw1989 said:

No such product at the moment. Lots of people have been crying out for it but there’s no indication that’ll happen.

You can use regular pedals with the Kemper just fine. If you put them in fron it reacts just like a regular amp. Effects loop is good too, and can be assigned in front or after the amp section. 

Older Kemper has one loop, looks like the new stage version has two.
    What about atomic's ampli-firebox?
    £1,434 and ready to ship from the Kemper store.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31918
    octatonic said:
    Also floor based units have harder life because you stomp on them with your feet.

As does the drummer, and a fat lass in stilettos sloshing four pints of Newcastle Brown over to her hen mates.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 517
    Does it boot up any quicker? If it does I'm sold.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• Never got the issue with boot up times.

Waiting 30-60 seconds for the Kemper to boot up once at the start of a gig/recording session is hardly a deal breaker.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Boot up time is proportional to the number of profiles on the unit. Fewer profiles = quicker boot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ArjailerArjailer Frets: 103
    Never got the issue with boot up times.

Waiting 30-60 seconds for the Kemper to boot up once at the start of a gig/recording session is hardly a deal breaker.
    Especially when people's beloved valve amps take longer to warm up than that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11517
    simonk said:
    Boot up time is proportional to the number of profiles on the unit. Fewer profiles = quicker boot.
    This.  Work out which ones you like and use, and delete the rest.  I've got less than 50 on mine, including a feww bass amps.  I'd like to ditch a few more of those at some point.
  • chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 517
    crunchman said:
    simonk said:
    This.  Work out which ones you like and use, and delete the rest.  I've got less than 50 on mine, including a feww bass amps.  I'd like to ditch a few more of those at some point.
    I've got 12 on mine and it still takes the best part of a minute! I've got no issue with the boot up time for gigs or rehearsal but when you're fresh out of the shower, already 10 mins late for work and just want to quickly jam one song before you take yourself off to suffer for 8 hours the boot up time feels much longer than it actually is!

I was only messing anyway. I'm assuming its exactly the same which is fine

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 482
    I really hope Kemper take the opportunity to create an amps only unit of some variety for say £700. A simple UI, with a bunch of different amps pre-loaded and no effects. The opposite has been done with the Helix FX, just not the other way around. I was really impressed by the way the Kemper took pedals too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom