Electro-Harmonix Worm- Any Good?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2461
    ICBM said:
    I've just googled and there's a newish small version of the Worm that's Little-Big-Muff-sized and priced, rather than the old one which was huge and about £130.
    Ah, that will explain why I thought the Marshalls were so much cheaper as well as smaller. I couldn't remember the price but I was sure it was well over £100.

I have not been impressed by the sound or reliability of most of the new small-size EH pedals either though, so it would hardly be an improvement.
    No worries :) And thanks :)
    ICBM said:
    I've just googled and there's a newish small version of the Worm that's Little-Big-Muff-sized and priced, rather than the old one which was huge and about £130.
    Ah, that will explain why I thought the Marshalls were so much cheaper as well as smaller. I couldn't remember the price but I was sure it was well over £100.

I have not been impressed by the sound or reliability of most of the new small-size EH pedals either though, so it would hardly be an improvement.
    Yeah. I had one of the originals after a glowing review in Guitarist (last time I trusted their pedal reviews...). It was completely dull and I got out of it for about £60, which felt like a lucky escape. It was only my third pedal, and I haven't had anything EHX since, bar a couple of Muffs. Hated them too. Bah!

EDIT: Just remembered I had a Holy Grail reverb too. That sounded great when it wasn't whining louder than any other pedal I've ever had.
    LOL
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    @Dave_Mc have you got something that does this?

The orbital modulation looks cool, has anyone got one?

Apologies if reviving this old thread upsets anyone..
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2461
    No worries.

I've done what I usually do, which is, er, nothing. :)) I haven't tried it but I agree that (on paper) that Orbital one that monquixote suggested looks pretty cool. Just for all I'd use it I don't know I can justify the ~£100+ it costs.