SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Final Drop: Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special Head Excellent Condition (black)

CatthanCatthan Frets: 391
edited November 2014 in Amps £
As much as I liked this amp and invested in making it more useful for me (combo --> head) I really need some more features and wattage (and GAS doesn't help) so here it goes!

The head shell is new and the amp is well looked after and with retubed power section with 4 Mesa el84s.
You will also get a new and unused matched quad of TAD el84 STRs which I had bought to try before I decided to sell so they were never taken out of the box.

Lonestar cleans are the benchmark for Mesa and for good reason and the lead channel IS really good. 
The dirty channel is a true lead channel fat, juicy and very articulate and cutting at volume. 

The LSS is Class A with 3 channel assignable power settings:
30W: Diode rectifier
15W: Tube rectifier
5W: Tube rectifier single ended Class A
Lush channel assignable reverb with level controls at the back and warm/ bright toggle

It  does the Texas blues thing really well with a strat (at all volumes) and you get Santana-like tones out of the lead channel with a HB gtr. Apparently the LSs share some genes with the MkI but I haven't played one so I couldn't tell.
They heads are also rare and imho very beautiful. 
This is no US import with the 110V transformer like many heads found on EBAY. It's got proper UK-spec tranny
I'd happily keep it but at this stage I can't afford 2 high value amps at the same time. 

£1250 £1175 shipped or £1150 collected from Newcastle
NO TRADES

Thanks for looking

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments