Vintage V75 - Any good?

5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
I'm on the hunt for a tele around £200, and these some to come into view. Anyone got one? Any good? How's the neck profile? 

Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1340
    are they not named v52?
    if so there are a few people on here who are well impressed by them 
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    edited July 2019
    All vintage brand guitars are pretty good IMHO ive had the tele, les paul, flying v and some acoustics, I'm currently selling the vintage lp junior only as ive decided to downsize the collection 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8145
    The V52 is a cracking guitar - highly regarded. .  I don’t know much about the V75
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2385
    I like the colour of the V75, plus it has a Wilkinson compensated bridge. That's a good start.

• 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    Those who have the V52, how is the neck profile? Thick, thin? 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 957
    edited July 2019
    I've got the V72, the semi hollow Tele with a single coil bridge and mini humbucker neck. It's got the brass compensated saddles and the ashtray, and it's great. Fantastic Tele sound at the bridge pickup, better than many Fenders I've had/tried, nice playable neck, stays in tune. 

Oh I'd say the neck profiles are fairly modern for ease of playing. 

I'm also considering the new V65, their Jazzmaster take which was revealed this month..but I'd also quite like a V52 Tele from them too. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2631
    I have the blue V75.  It's really fantastic, budget guitar or not.  Very Tele, with a rather useful tone pot in any of the pickup positions.  Clean or overdriven are excellent, modulations sound heavenly.

The neck is akin to a Fender "modern C," slimmer.  No issues with sharp frets on mine.  I'm on the smaller side but I can get those Hendrix chords without too much effort.  And yeah the Laguna Blue is quite nice to look at, in fact difficult to look away from and that's partly how I ended up owning it.

Only thing I don't love is the glossy neck.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8145
    Stunning guitar!
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31951
    Try the very one you intend to buy. A friend of mine bought two of them on the same day from the same shop, one is very good, the other is a bit crap. 
  • rossirossi Frets: 1713
    edited June 2020
    The only Vintage I have is an Old V99 Zip bought on Gumtree for a few quid but it plays well and stays in tune, as did the assorted Vintage I tried in stores .Vintage have mainly Wilkingson  fittings and they are a given standard .I have that bridge on my tele  and its a really good bridge  as is the Strat bridge .If I was allowed any more guitars I would buy that Vintage  LP special in yellow unless I could get a Gibson , and that Thinline Tele they do .Love the  blue colour  ,go for it .I do add the caveat that the customer is usually the quality control on most far east imports for any product so if you get a dud sent it back .Its built in the system .
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2036
    I had V52 a few years ago - was a great Tele but it had quite a chunky neck. From other comments, looks like more recent Vintage Teles have a more modern profile. Pity. 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    My v52 isn't chunky. It's pretty middling tbh

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    I did end up buying one and can confirm it's an excellent tele, not just for the money. The only reason it moved on is that a Tokai Breezysound came up for sale that I just had to have, so the V75 went. Tokai ended up pushing everything else out and has become my sole guitar as it does everything so well and it's the only one I ever wanted to play.