SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Joe Gore Cult pedal - PRICE DROP

What's Hot
tweedphantweedphan Frets: 52
edited August 2019 in FX £
For sale is my Joe Gore Cult drive pedal - recently purchased from the States and only gigged once so as new condition. This is what Joe says about the pedal - 

"But Cult is no ’60s clone: It departs dramatically from the original ’60s circuits, providing fatter lows, fewer piercing highs, and more responsive dynamics. It just seems to “gush” more.

You probably know that 90% of today’s overdrives are related to a pedal whose name rhymes with Lube Reamer. These pedals employ an IC chip rather a discrete transistor. They compress your signal, making note attacks less prominent and limiting your dynamic range. The results are smooth and consistent—nothing wrong with that!

But Cult goes in the opposite direction, dramatically expanding your dynamic range. Note attacks crack like knuckles. Your phrases have an electrifying presence that seems to lunge from the speakers. When you hit the input hard, the bold, harmonically rich distortion maintains its edge, even in crowded musical contexts. Cult doesn’t go “squish.” It barks.

The dynamic response is simply astounding—you can go from crystalline to meltdown by touch and guitar knob settings alone. With your guitar volume rolled back, the tone is nearly indistinguishable from bypass, so you can literally leave Cult on all night and conjure a huge range of overdrive/distortion tones directly from your guitar."

Guitar Player magazine called it “the most dynamic overdrive we’ve heard.” 

Unfortunately GAS prompted my purchase but now realise it doesn't go with my rig. 

£125 ppg including shipping within UK.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bumped re. price drop.
  • Bump. Just in case someone has missed this. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3450
    edited August 2019
    I’m not buying but I do have one, and into a slightly cooking or above amp it really is a thing of sonic glory, and amazingly responsive to your volume control. It is, IMO, a considerably better boost pedal than any straight up rangemaster clone I’ve tried.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like I shall have to keep it !!