Marshall Mosfet 100 Problem

2»

Comments

• HHwarner said:
    Thanks once again for your help. Much appreciated. Iv a lot to learn but willing to try
    How easy/hard are you finding it to work on?  I'd love to get one of these amps someday :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    These older amps are pretty easy to work on. Iv got 2 JCM 800s which I do my own work on too when I can. Wouldn't want to try on modern stuff at the moment though all too small. My soldering skills not good enough ha ha
    edited May 2014
    Well after replacing the offending diodes, transistors and resistors, the amp lasted about an hour and blew again. Exactly the same thing. One transistor blown and burned resistors. Its actually burned the tracks from the board. Whats the best way to repair that? Bridge over the one end of the resistor with the burned out tracks with a piece of wire to the next point on the board?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Yes, but don't do it until you've worked out why it's doing that.

I'll have another look at the schematic and see if I have any ideas!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Cheers John