SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

New Headphone Tube Amp - 60+ % Off Promo Offer

What's Hot
Hey all, I asked Lee about this post and he kindly said it was ok. 

A while ago I made a thread mentioning I was having a headphone tube amp made, and was looking for some feedback with the prototype. Happy to say that the finished versions are here. It's a genuine tube amp with transformer, which I like to think is one step above the others in this price range in terms of quality. It comes with JJ Electronic tubes already installed - an ecc82 and a ecc99. Will take equivalents from other tube manufacturers or a 12BH7 in place of the ecc99. The freq response is 20-30hz.

It'll retail for a minimum of £129. I'm offering these for £50 which I'm making quite a big loss on. I'm doing this to get the ball rolling on reviews. Without honest reviews it's unlikely people will take a risk and order one. I really underestimated the amount of marketing which needs to go into launching a new product like this. Especially when you're a one man operation with limited resources. 

If anyone is interested in taking up the offer shoot me a message! Or just reply and I'll send you more info. Also if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them :)

Refunds and returns etc still apply. Delivery will be free.

Not sure how many I can give away at this price, so quantity will be limited. First come first served. You'll obviously need headphones and 2 RCA Male to Male cables (or a 3.5mm to RCA Y Splitter cable, although this isn't as good IMO).

Will be getting some better pics done in the future, but here are a few to give you an idea of the unit:

Biyang & Caline pedals plus other inexpensive gear:

SpartanMusic.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    20-30hz would be quite a limited frequency range ... 

:-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 888
    Looks like a nice bit of kit. I guess you will be hitting the social media platforms, but there must be a lot of mileage with the independent reviewers on YouTube for this type of product. Also advancedmp3player.co.uk, head-fi.org, etc
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27966
    Zoolooter said:
    Looks like a nice bit of kit. I guess you will be hitting the social media platforms, but there must be a lot of mileage with the independent reviewers on YouTube for this type of product. Also advancedmp3player.co.uk, head-fi.org, etc
    These guys too
    https://theartofsound.net/forum/forum.php

I'm severely tempted to give one a go.  Where would you want the review posting @mark_atdi?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • @4114Effects oops typo! That's kHz

@Zoolooter thanks for the links, will look into them! Am currently looking for a (preferably) uk based YouTuber who'd like to take a look. Annoyingly quite a few want a shockingly large fee in addition to a free product, still looking though so hopefully I'll come across someone suitable soon :)

@TTony here would be good as well as some of the online marketplaces. Ideally I'll get a mixture

SpartanMusic.co.uk

• I'm tempted - is it strictly a headphone amp? I'm trying to think how I could record sound if I did a video of it...
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10540
    Nice looking amp .. What's the output impedance ?  
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • @Panama_Jack666 when I was testing different tubes / brands I fed from the "Phones" into my laptop. It didn't sound good but captured some data I needed. I was using the cheapest and most basic recording setup though, so you may have more luck!

It's designed just for headphones, but good question, let me check about its suitability for other stuff like speakers as I'm not 100%. Will get back to you soon!

SpartanMusic.co.uk

• I would be very interested in picking one up at the discount price. Do you have a product page somewhere? I am not a reviewer but I would happily post my thoughts on the amp compared to my Schiit Valhalla 2 with HD580 headphones.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    edited August 2019
    Where are you located bud ?...be interesting to try this with my AK SR15 DAP and Focal Pro cans...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • @spark240 I actually currently live in that place which has had the dam issues - Whaley Bridge. Luckily my stock is towards Stockport in an industrial unit. If you'd like to try it just shoot me a message to confirm :)

I think when the next one goes that'll be the last of the discounted units, but will write here if someone pulls out. Or if I decide to do any more promos. Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest so far. Really hope that you like them!

SpartanMusic.co.uk

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    Go on then dude...Ill take the last one...pm me payment details please

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview