SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted

What's Hot
schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
edited August 2019 in FX £
Let me know if you’re thinking of selling
Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    Before you buy one, I’d recommend having a good sit down with it, whereabouts in the UK are you 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 957
    sweepy said:
    Before you buy one, I’d recommend having a good sit down with it, whereabouts in the UK are you 
    Totally agree with this. Get as close to your setup as you can in the guitar shop and give it at least an hour. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    Agree with ^^^.
  • joetele said:
    sweepy said:
    Totally agree with this. Get as close to your setup as you can in the guitar shop and give it at least an hour. 
    What’s the thinking here folks? Why more so than any other pedal? Compatibility with setup, pedal complexity, pedal sound, etc.?
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 465
    Great sounds, but like the other Meris pedals it's tough to get the hang of. IMO you really need to plump for other gear too in order to get the best out of it, like a midi adapter and bluetooth so you can change the settings via your phone, or at least some way to access the 16 internal presets. Also, with the 'dual knob function' situation it's incredibly easy to get it into making an appalling noise and not knowing what the secondary settings are that you did or how to fix it. I think Meris have big issues with U/X personally as all their pedals have this problem. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    As wizbit says- I think they approach their user interface from an engineering perspective rather than a user perspective.
    Some people are fine with it (I am for the post part) but others will find it infuriating.
    It is very much the opposite of plugin and play.
  • I reckon that new Boss SY compact is worth a punt if you wanted to get into Synth tones. I'll be looking at that before I consider dropping coin on an Enzo
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 957
    I reckon that new Boss SY compact is worth a punt if you wanted to get into Synth tones. I'll be looking at that before I consider dropping coin on an Enzo
    Agreed. I already much prefer the Boss SY-1 and can get the sounds I wanted from the Enzo with it. I think your brain has to be configured a certain way to get on with the Enzo. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    This all runs totally counter to my experiences with the Enzo and the Ottobit. Sure, they're complex if you want them to be, but I found both of them totally pick-up-ands-play-able. It's exactly the same as Chase Bliss, all the surface controls are there and fun to mess around with, and then once you've got the basics down you mess with the dipswitches/secondary functions etc. I'm not very clever and have ADHD, so if I'm not struggling with it then I'm totally baffled anyone else is. I can't imagine finding the Meris learning curve THAT steep.
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited August 2019
    I know you guys are well intentioned, but if I wanted to discuss this effect, I’d have posted in FX. Seeing as this is in the classifieds that would suggest i’ve already done my research and possibly even played one, before deciding as a result that it’s definitely for me, coz I like teh analog flava’, innit, and can’t play keys. Plus it would sound great fed into my moogerfoogers for some live tweaking and modular action on the cheap (relatively speaking), with its complexity allowing for many sonic discoveries and bum tingling thrills further down the line. 
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD