Laney IRT Studio

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
So, after a small mishap with my mesa boogie last night, I luckily brought my Laney IRT studio to practise. We were testing out our monitoring system as well as the FOH stuff so I thought Id try the DI out. To say I was blown away was an understatement! Great rock tones, lovely clean sound and the lead and the solo boost were amazing! So much so, Im tempted to stop using the Mesa and go straight into the PA system from now on if it allows! Brillant little amp!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    Sweet glad it's working well for you dude :D
  • Can you record a DI clip? Pretty interested in this as a home practice amp and recording solution.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    I can, it sounds BEASTY via a PA but not tried it direct into anything. I could use Pod Farms if you fancied it? 
  • That would be amazeballs. So just Di via PF into a daw, just for idea of tone :)

Cool that it sounds massive in a pa though. I love the 60 watter my mate gigs with.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I've used these a fair bit, they are possibly one of the most under rated bits of gear on the market. Superb cleans, powerful crunch tones and super fat lead sounds in one package. Its the one amp i've had that really bridges the home rehearsal to band rehearsal divide. Its loud, it sounds great and it looks super cool in a rack!
    It makes me wonder if the combos are as good as the studio!
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Jetfire said:
    It makes me wonder if the combos are as good as the studio!
    The 30w Combo is pretty awesome, i really liked it. Maybe not so keen on the stock speaker but through a t75 loaded 1x12 cab it sounded magnificent.
    Im currently running it via my Mesa boogie cab and Im not sure its the best cab to put it through for home but its very good so far!