Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    Do you want cheap or expensive? :))
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bigfuzzbigfuzz Frets: 45
    northern.. does that tell you enough? ;) @dave_mc
    I don't know how to reply to that without causing offence. :)) Also I'm not English so I'd probably get it wrong too (and offend even more people) :))
  • bigfuzzbigfuzz Frets: 45
    haha, okay lets imagine i'm tight and cheap is best?  @dave_mc
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28098
    bigfuzz said:
    so chaps, any recommendations for a suitable speaker open/closed cab for something like this? i'm relatively inexperienced to cabs
    I've got a Montage 1x12" with a brand new Celestion V-Type (16 ohm) or Eminence Red Coat (I think) if you're interested?
    <space for hire>
    I'm guessing you'll struggle to beat second hand for value

If you did want to go new, thomann has the vht and jet city 1x12 cabs for ~£80. I went with the VHT as I wanted the option to link cabs. But I'm guessing out of the box the Jet City would be better- would still benefit from a speaker swap but will be ok until you do one, probably.

Thomann also has the harley benton G112 vintage with a vintage 30- hard to beat on price (it's £80 too!), but it's open-backed. If that's a problem.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 526
    I run mine through a 1x12 greenback at home (unknown cab but it's a closed back) and the 2x12 vintage 30 from thomann for rehearsals/gigs.  It sounds great through both but I marginally prefer the v30s.

For me the overdrive channel barely gets a look in.  I run the crunch channel at around 2.5 on the pre-amp and use a boost and occasionally a Joyo Ultimate Drive for more gain.  I can't really get crystal cleans with a humbucker but the same settings with single coils is just on the clean side of pushed.  Had I known I might have gone for the single channel JCA20H but the overdrive channel cuts through a band mix really well even if the voicing isn't quite to my tastes.  The heavy, mid scooped sounds are pretty good to my ears but aren't part of my "live" sounds so can't really comment on them with any authority.  Mine benefited from a few new valves to get something I was really happy with but I could have lived with it from the factory.