cites news

What's Hot
sorry if you guys believe that is a better place to out this please tell me where or if you can just move, I belie that this will be with great interest for most of the UK builders :)

I believe that those are good news , speciality for makers and musicians that play, and sell,  around the globe 

sorry but the best this will be with a link
www.cites.org/eng/updates_decisions_cop18_species_proposals

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27000
    Fantastic news. Does anyone have the original text that has been amended to see the full context? 

I assume this still doesn't give a full exemption to Braz rosewood? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    To save people clicking:

@stickyfiddle I read this to mean that BRW is allowed (because it is covered under Dalbergia spp.meaning species) provided it is on a finished instrument.
    You still will not be able to export raw BRW or any other finished Dalbergia product over 500g.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27000
    edited August 2019
    octatonic said:
    To save people clicking:

@stickyfiddle I read this to mean that BRW is allowed (because it is covered under Dalbergia spp.meaning species) provided it is on a finished instrument.
    You still will not be able to export raw BRW or any other finished Dalbergia product over 500g.
    Impressive if true. Not that I'm buying anything vintage any time soon, but if it allows importation of a fretboard attached to e.g. a 60's Strat without hassle that's a Good Thing.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    That's really good news 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    There’s still the problem of/ with the jobsworths. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    fandango said:
    There’s still the problem of/ with the jobsworths. 
    True but I’ve relocated twice in the last year (have I even mentioned it??) and no one is looking.

This includes an instrument made almost entirely of rosewood with no label (self build).

There is just too much illegal stuff being shipped about for them to worry about individual instruments.

If you are importing 100 guitars made from illegal rosewood then expect trouble but it has been expected for some time that it would change so it seems that individual instrument checks were deprioritised some time ago.
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    octatonic said:
    To save people clicking:

Brazilian rosewood is covered under Appendix I - this is only an amendment to Appendix II.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    To save people clicking:

Brazilian rosewood is covered under Appendix I - this is only an amendment to Appendix II.
    octatonic said:
    To save people clicking:

Ah ok, good to know.