Clichéd set list

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Oasis, if you don't want to go for not_the_dj's suggestion then try She Is Love or Songbird. Or if you really want them to suffer play anything from Standing on the Shoulders of Giants.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    imalone said:
    Oasis, if you don't want to go for not_the_dj's suggestion then try She Is Love or Songbird. Or if you really want them to suffer play anything from Standing on the Shoulders of Giants.

We've been known to play "shock of the lightning", I've no idea what album that's from! The regular set has "Cigarettes and Alcohol" and "Rock'n'roll Star" if needed, along with "Don't Look Back..." at the end.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    edited May 2014
    Having done both covers and originals bands I do enjoy covers a lot... I know I've said this before but originals was like flogging a dead horse over and over.. having to con people into coming to see you. Covers is the exact opposite - just turn up and play, have women dance at you and get paid. Brilliant.

Our set contains about 5 of the cliché list.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    edited May 2014
    A lot of what is being discussed here is, ironically what DJ's also have to put up with (yes those guys)
    I had this exact conversation with an 'Rock/Indie DJ' a few weeks back. Genre, decades are reduced to the biggest 10 tunes of the time. He was saying that once he could play tracks by bands like (love or hate is not important) Dodgy, Inspirals, Charlatans, Ride, House Of Love, MBV etc that era has been boiled down to The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, The Smiths and Joy Division despite the fact that they don't all even come from the same time he can only get away with playing a handful of bands. The odd time he gets asked for some Pavement the dancefloor clears like a stink bomb has gone off.

Same goes for newer(ish) Indie (although rightly so with some of the bands), Kings Of Leon, Killers, Arctic Monkeys, Kooks. Loads of bands that used to fill indie dancefloors are just unplayable now. It's always been like this.

Metal aint my thang but the metal crowd is just as fickle according to my mate.

People just want to hear what they heard when they were getting ready to leave the house.

I know a guy in a covers band, they do weddings etc but for people that don't want Mustang Sally etc. The last time I saw them they did LCD Soundsystem, Pixies, Violent Femmes as well as some Outkast and more obvious stuff. I'm just in the throws of putting a covers band together and I hope we can go down this route.
    (the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)