Receding Airline

What sort of electronical gubbins lives in a hole like this?

https://i.imgur.com/U688VcX.jpg?1
You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10006
    Oooh not seen in there before! I imagined it would look like a Tele route under the guard

What were the pickups in the end? I rechecked the website and it just says "Dual Hot-Rail Humbuckers". 
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73047
    I don't know, but you win the best thread title prize :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14760
    What were the pickups in the end? I rechecked the website and it just says "Dual Hot-Rail Humbuckers". 
    Generic Chinese, both c. 9k Ohms. The only legend engraved on their brass baseplates reads "B" and "L6J-N", respectively.  So, not especially hot and not one rail to be seen.

The way in which the hot conductors had been soldered to the volume pot input terminals made me wonder whether these humbuckers were substitutes. The way that their grounds were soldered to the pot chassises convinced me that everything was original. It would not surprise me if the factory docks the assembler's wages for failing to meet production throughput targets.

thecolourbox said:
    not seen in there before! I imagined it would look like a Tele route under the guard
    The pickup output cables pass through drilled tunnels into a controls rout that runs most of the length of the pickguard. It is unnecessarily deep and broad - almost enough to accommodate a Fernandes Sustainer PCB. ;) 

ICBM said:
    I don't know
    You surprise me, sir. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.