Rigs of my past!

What's Hot
timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
So i think i'm pretty much done on Tonequest, certainly in terms of amps! So i thought i'd post up some pictures from my journey.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 567

Great collection a long the way,

So was it "upwards and onwards" each time or did you ever wish you had an "undo key" you could hit?

ROOG said:

So was it "upwards and onwards" each time or did you ever wish you had an "undo key" you could hit?

To be honest, i lost a lot of money along the way, this isnt even all the rigs, just a selection! Really I should have stopped when i hit DSL100 number 2, i'd have probably saved myself 8-9k easily!

timmysoft said:
    ROOG said:

To be honest, i lost a lot of money along the way, this isnt even all the rigs, just a selection! Really I should have stopped when i hit DSL100 number 2, i'd have probably saved myself 8-9k easily!

Of course, you do have the option to try again,

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ROOG said:

timmysoft said:
    ROOG said:

Of course, you do have the option to try again,
    I've stopped on a DSL and a Strat style guitar, its always whats worked for me!

What did you make of the Laney Lionheart?

I've hankered after one for a while, if only for the quirky output stage.

This one was the 20w Class A and i'd rate it amongst the best of the amps i've owned. I tried the newer 50w head, but it doesnt quite have the magic of the 20w. Very well built and voiced quite dark, it really excels with humbucker loaded bolt on neck guitars. Oh yeah and it will hang with a drummer! I recorded the whole of the last album on one, boosted with the lovepedal amp11.

You can hear a lot of it on that track, going between cleans and heavier rhythm sounds.

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    timmysoft said:
    This one was the 20w Class A and i'd rate it amongst the best of the amps i've owned. I tried the newer 50w head, but it doesnt quite have the magic of the 20w. Very well built and voiced quite dark, it really excels with humbucker loaded bolt on neck guitars. Oh yeah and it will hang with a drummer! I recorded the whole of the last album on one, boosted with the lovepedal amp11.

You can hear a lot of it on that track, going between cleans and heavier rhythm sounds.

Woah are you LostProphets? 
    Hymnal said:
    timmysoft said:

Woah are you LostProphets? 
    I wish i was, those guys have made some serious money! (i'll not have the paedo tendancies though)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    I can see a problem with your latest rig.
  • vizviz Frets: 11041
    Have you ever managed to have heads and cabs the same make? :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    wow :))
    Lew said:
    I can see a problem with your latest rig.

The latest one is a solid winner for me. photo imagejpg1_zps875f4013.jpg

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    Ah, well that one has a guitar ;)
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 149
    Is that a cornford rk100? Probably one of the best amps I've ever played, never owned it though :-(
    gjonesy said:
    Is that a cornford rk100? Probably one of the best amps I've ever played, never owned it though :-(
    Yeah, it was a great amp, horrific amount of volume!
    timmysoft said:

@timmysoft, thanks for posting, sounds great.

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1046
    timmysoft said:

awesome collection you've got through ! Band sounds great too - coincidentally I was in the band that was on before you guys at Download last year.
    timmysoft said:

awesome collection you've got through ! Band sounds great too - coincidentally I was in the band that was on before you guys at Download last year.

Awesome, you guys were awesome! Riffs!