Rigs of my past!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1046
    timmysoft said:
    timmysoft said:
    This one was the 20w Class A and i'd rate it amongst the best of the amps i've owned. I tried the newer 50w head, but it doesnt quite have the magic of the 20w. Very well built and voiced quite dark, it really excels with humbucker loaded bolt on neck guitars. Oh yeah and it will hang with a drummer! I recorded the whole of the last album on one, boosted with the lovepedal amp11.

You can hear a lot of it on that track, going between cleans and heavier rhythm sounds.

awesome collection you've got through ! Band sounds great too - coincidentally I was in the band that was on before you guys at Download last year.

Awesome, you guys were awesome! Riffs!
    Thanks :) I'm really sorry we couldn't stick around for you lot; I'd checked you out on youtube and wanted to see you play.  We got mini-bussed back up pretty sharpish about 15 minutes after finishing. Heard you got a nice big crowd though so hope all went well :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3500
    ROOG said:

What did you make of the Laney Lionheart?

I've hankered after one for a while, if only for the quirky output stage.

quirky? Its 2 el84s….

Are you thinking  of the 50w one?

FWIW the 20w lion heart is top three of the 30 or so amps Iv owned. Simple, and sublime. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    ROOG said:

What did you make of the Laney Lionheart?

I've hankered after one for a while, if only for the quirky output stage.

quirky? Its 2 el84s….

Are you thinking  of the 50w one?

FWIW the 20w lion heart is top three of the 30 or so amps Iv owned. Simple, and sublime. 
    I think its 4 x El84's!

I think the L20h is an incredible amp, i was going to run 2 of them into a single 4x12 (split into 2x12's), but then i got a quote for flightcasing the two into a rolling live in road case! Because of the top mounted knobs i was going to have to have slide out trays for each head, so a 2 head flightcase (with 8u rack space too) was over £450! So i abandoned that plan and rocked a VC30 212 for a year!