SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Ibanez JSM10 (semi-hollow, John Scofield sig) £600 ono

PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
edited September 2019 in Guitars £
Seeing if there's any interest in this as I could use it to fund a purchase...

Ibanez JSM10 (affordable John Scofield signature) from 2014 in vintage sunburst, in case. £600 cash or PPG, ono

- Bone nut
- Ebony board
- that one had a one-piece sapele neck, before they moved to three-piece
- body is all flamed-maple laminate
- two Super 58 pickups
- tri-switch on the neck pickup (see below)

Neck:

• Scale : 628mm/24.7"
    • 43mm at NUT
    • 57mm at 22F
    • Thickness: 21mm at 1F
    • Thickness: 24mm at 9F
    • Radius: 305mm

Really good nick apart from a ding in the corner of the headstock (see pics). Gold hardware is pretty faded - I like it but your mileage may vary.

I'm going to paraphrase my recent NGD a bit...

For a MIC guitar the quality is pretty outstanding. Nice ebony fretboard, great fretwork with nicely rounded edges. Chunky neck but very very playable.

Lovely burst (phone calibration is a bit off, it's slightly less red IRL), finish is not too thick, gold hardware is nicely worn in. It resonates well acoustically, sustains well for a semi-hollow. Sounds nice and clear everywhere on the neck.

Electronics-wise the Super 58 pickups are very good quality to my ears, a massive improvement on whatever ceramic stuff Ibanez used to put in the Artcores a few years ago. Controls are all very responsive and usable.

That tri-switch with split/parallel sounds for the neck pickup is pretty cool actually. At first I thought it'd be a bit of a novelty but the parallel option in particular is great, especially when combined with the full bridge humbucker. Great for funky rythms.

With the controls wide open, it's actually pretty bright, so good for rock and pop stuff too.

All in all it's a great guitar, really well made. I'd keep it if I wasn't aiming for a proper 335 - even then, having tried a few recently, the Ibanez really holds its own for a fraction of the price.

Can be viewed/collected in South London near Crystal Palace. I can also drive reasonable distances around London and meet in Central London. Sadly I don't have anything to ship it in, but do get in touch if it takes your fancy and I'll see what I can do.

Any Qs or if you want more pics, give me a shout

Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments