SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Canon 5d mark 1 full frame dslr camera (body only) £350

What's Hot
eventheloserseventhelosers Frets: 100
edited May 2014 in Misc £
Selling one of my canon 5d mark 1s to fund a reconditioned turbo for my new motor. In good condition with signs of use and a couple of small marks on the underside. Body only, with charger and two batteries, comes without original box, hence £350 asking price. Will post some pics asap. Cash on collection or bacs, no PayPal, sorry! Offers via pm please. Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    Do you know the actuation count, please?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • eventheloserseventhelosers Frets: 100
    Not sure, apparently, so I've read while researching this, it's a bit tricky finding out what the shutter count is on the 5d mark 1. I've contacted the photographer who sold me the camera to see if he can tell me what it was when I bought it. I'll then be able to make an educated guess. In the meantime I'll keep researching and try give you an answer asap. Cheers.
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 438
    Is it not shown in the exif data on the last image taken?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Ooh nice!  
    Van_Hayden;242687" said:
    I'll have a look later today and let you know. Cheers.

Van_Hayden;242687" said:

The camera gives a file number for the last image taken but it isn't linked to the shutter count.
    eventhelosers;243744" said:
    eventhelosers said:

Van_Hayden;242687" said:Is it not shown in the exif data on the last image taken?

The camera gives a file number for the last image taken but it isn't linked to the shutter count.
    Bugger - the Nikons embed it in the extended data. Bizarrely I have to open the file in Preview on the Mac to be able to see it as the adobe products strip out that part of the data. The image number may well link to shutter count, it does on Nikon.

Try doing a test shot using JPEG mode. There's less EXIF data and it might be easier to find. Try using Preview if you've got a Mac and hit Tools>Show Inspector.

There's probably an EXIF viewer available for PC.

Just noticed you're local!
    Van_Hayden;244546" said:
    [quote="eventhelosers;243744"]eventhelosers said:

Van_Hayden;242687" said:Is it not shown in the exif data on the last image taken?

Bugger - the Nikons embed it in the extended data. Bizarrely I have to open the file in Preview on the Mac to be able to see it as the adobe products strip out that part of the data. The image number may well link to shutter count, it does on Nikon.

Try doing a test shot using JPEG mode. There's less EXIF data and it might be easier to find. Try using Preview if you've got a Mac and hit Tools>Show Inspector.

There's probably an EXIF viewer available for PC.

[/quote]

The file number is only four digits. I'd be surprised if the shutter count is less than five digits and would go as far to guess that it's more than likely into six figures. I've tried preview, capture one and even the manual, all to no avail. Camerashuttercount.com doesn't support the 5d mk1 either. I'm at a bit of a loss really, sorry I can't get the info you're looking for. Suffice to say that the camera has been well used, but is still in good working order. Cheers!
    Van_Hayden;244548" said:
    Just noticed you're local!
    Ah, holmfirth. Where the glint of metal bath tubs can regularly be seen as they carry old men speedily down the surrounding hillsides...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's the one....
  • Bump.