SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Any cheap hollowbodies about?

Jazz boxy - two humbuckers. 

Gold hardware ideal but not essential. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a Harley Benton semi
  • HeelHeel Frets: 271
    TheMarlin said:
    That specific model? Cool. Thanks man. 
  • Heel said:
    TheMarlin said:
    That specific model? Cool. Thanks man. 
    I had one of that model, there are several others from that period worth looking at
    The Artcores are all good, but the ones with a model number over 100 are exceptional, they were £700-800 new, and go for £300-£400 usually
    A visitor to my house chose one of these when asked which was my most expensive guitar, so definitely impressive to see as well as to play

Note that they usually came with a wooden bridge and a normal adjustable metal bridge - be sure it has the one you want
    Yeah, I used to have a PM2 but was a bit stifled by the one pickup. Lovely build tho. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8154
    edited September 2019
    All Artxores are great.   One of my favourite is the AFS75T. IMHO, It’s a better guitar than a Gretsch G5420T!
    TheMarlin said:
    All Artxores are great.   One of my favourite is the AFS75T. IMHO, It’s a better guitar than a Gretsch G5420T!
    That’s some praise from Mr Gretsch!! 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8154
    edited September 2019
    Heel said:
    TheMarlin said:
    They play great, sound lovely, and have a beautifully controllable feedback. Just a load of fun to play. 

The pickups are more tuned towards rock/blues than a Gretsch, but that’s no bad thing. 

They're te great out of the box, a G5429 needs a lot a tweaking to get it ‘just so’. Not good enough for the £900 price tag. 

TheMarlin said:
    Heel said:
    TheMarlin said:
    They play great, sound lovely, and have a beautifully controllable feedback. Just a load of fun to play. 

The pickups are more tuned towards rock/blues than a Gretsch, but that’s no bad thing. 

They're te great out of the box, a G5429 needs a lot a tweaking to get it ‘just so’. Not good enough for the £900 price tag. 

See I’ve got these TV Jones pups that need slinging into summit cos ain’t nobody buying! Sounds like a good option.