SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Recommended guitar techs London/around? + (further) PU advice

What's Hot
Hi all,

I'm in the midst of a project to overhaul an old MIJ strat. I've jeweller's rouged most of the scratches out of the nitro (which was pretty bad); I've got a new vintage neck, neck plate, Gotoh tuners, string trees and new bridge.

I've got my eye on an upgrade to the wiring harness (CTS blender pot + treble bleed and a base plate on the bridge PU) and new pickups (prob Alegree Frigid Haze/Texan hailstorm, Oil City pre-BS-62/Route 66, or Creamery - Classic 64/69/Extra Width - BTW: which would you recommend out of these?).

I can do all the non-electric stuff as Fenders are pretty easy to tinker with, but I know next to nothing about electronics I'm not very good with a soldering iron, so I'd rather have a pro do that.

Can anyone recommend a good (not too expensive!) guitar tech in/around London please? And/or, in your experience, a rough guess at how much it would cost to do the job? I plan to have a pre-wired harness - so all they'd need to do would be wire the pickups to the harness for a blender pot, add the treble bleed (I already have the mod kit) and add a base plate.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dcgdcg Frets: 238
    Jon Griffin at G Tek (Bush Studios, Shepherds Bush) is good at circuitry, and knows what he's doing; he only does electronics, rather than set ups  
  • Heard nothing but good things about @FelineGuitars - and having had 3 of their creations I can testify to their attention to detail.

If for some bizarre reason the journey to exotic Croydon ain’t your bag, I’ve had work done by Kevin Bourque at Stairway to Kevin in Denmark Street and he’s been excellent, reasonably priced and v approachable.

https://www.stairwaytokevin.com/
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11769
    tFB Trader
    I see you are in Streatham , so a journey down to Croydon may be an easy win for you.
    We'll be happy to have a look and sort it all out for you . 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mr_ClawMr_Claw Frets: 101
    @FelineGuitars

Thanks v much. Just purchased the wiring harness. My pickups haven't arrived yet so it may be a week or two, but I'll be happy to pop down...

C
  • I'd second Stairway in Denmark Street always good guys to deal with and Grizzly Guitar in Hackney has done some good work for me in the past.
    JerkMoans said:
    Heard nothing but good things about @FelineGuitars - and having had 3 of their creations I can testify to their attention to detail.

If for some bizarre reason the journey to exotic Croydon ain’t your bag, I’ve had work done by Kevin Bourque at Stairway to Kevin in Denmark Street and he’s been excellent, reasonably priced and v approachable.

Fabs. Thanks. Both are easy for me: I work in Regents Park (so close to Denmark St) and I live in Streatham (so close to Croydon)!

C
    JerkMoans said:
    Heard nothing but good things about @FelineGuitars - and having had 3 of their creations I can testify to their attention to detail.

Fabs. Thanks. Both are easy for me: I work in Regents Park (so close to Denmark St) and I live in Streatham (so close to Croydon)!

C