SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Pro Reverb 1975 40w TRADES?

HullboyHullboy Frets: 74
edited November 2019 in Amps £

*Open to trades and p/x with high end pedals, smaller amps, modellers (axe fx, kemper) etc. Try me, I can only say now*

Parting ways with my amazing 1975 Fender Pro Reverb 40w. A great chance to grab an old hand wired fender for the going rate of a newer pcb equivalent. Though I love it dearly, it’s just too much amp for me right now.

Here’s what I know-

Everything on the amp is original except for the the normal channel, which has had a few resistor and capacitor value changes. This was carried out professionally prior to my ownership. Unsure on the exact details of the mods, but what I do know is that the normal channel breaks up fairly early into a lovely overdrive, and has more midrange, so I believe this may have been the purpose of the mod.

Within the last 2 years it’s had the filter capacitors replaced with tube amp doctor ones, as well as quite a few of the electrolytic capacitors also so no worries there. I had this round at a local amp techs not too long ago and all seems well.

The valves are also fairly new. Harma 6l6GC-retro premium grade power tubes, EH 5U4G rectifier and a mixture of fender and GT preamp tubes.

The amp itself is really quiet, no funny noises etc; it’s been well looked after.

The amp will come with its original Oxford speakers, unless of course you want the brand new Fender eminence I’ve just installed, which will be an additional £50. I paid £80 for these off eBay just a few months back and they are virtually new. Great speakers, almost identical to Eminence legends, and suit the amp perfectly. 

Cosmetically the amp has a few scrapes and knocks, but all in keeping with an amp that’s almost 45 years old.

Strictly collection only.

Located in Hull.

£700 with original speakers or £750 with additional brand new Eminence Fenders.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments