Classical guitars without classical necks?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    I had a Yamaha and Santos Martinez nylon guitars .. both ok but quite weak acoustically so decided to invest on a Taylor NS32 and really happy. The neck is amazing and I use savarez strings, they have a different feeling, not sticky as normal nylon strings so I can go really fast on the neck :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24852
    edited July 2014
    cbellanga;304658" said:
    I had a Yamaha and Santos Martinez nylon guitars .. both ok but quite weak acoustically so decided to invest on a Taylor NS32 and really happy. The neck is amazing and I use savarez strings, they have a different feeling, not sticky as normal nylon strings so I can go really fast on the neck :)
    Wow - I'm an NS32ce owner as well! Given how rarely they appear in shops I'm amazed there are two of us on here.

I second everything you say. They are incredibly playable and have excellent acoustic tone/volume too.

It's a bit of a luxury if you don't play nylon often but a fantastic solution if you are prepared to spend that much money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4189
    I played one of these a few weeks ago and was really impressed; http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/214ce-n
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Glad this thread has been bumped, I have a similar quest. Tempted by the Lowden S32J but it costs a fortune. Like @ICBM, I've never got on with Yamaha nylon string guitars (or their acoustics in general in fact).