SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold FS Ceriatone handwired JCM800 2204 Plexi clone - Clean, Serviced - now £550

robertyroberty Frets: 10915
edited November 2019 in Amps £
Putting this up for sale speculatively.  I am more into the bassman style circuits atm and have 2x Selmer Treble and Bass 50s.  I wasn't expecting to like the Selmer so much but I bought a second one and here we are.

This is a handwired 2204, so 50 watt JCM 800.  It was built by Ceriatone and comes in a plexi-style box.  There is a dink on the tolex on the right hand side.  The numbers go to 11.  It sounds utterly immense and is very loud.  The low sensitivity input is a perfect pedal platform (big muff etc etc)

Just had it serviced where two mods were removed: a noisy effects loop that did not work properly and a switch which put a fixed resister in the circuit somewhere between the pre and power amp (that's what the master volume is for).  The switch was annoying cos you never knew whether it was on without fiddling with it first.  A microphonic preamp tube was replaced, and two matched TAD EL43s fitted and biased.  This cost just shy of £100

It's a beautiful thing and will last for decades

Collection or meetup for this, I am in Bristol

Thanks for looking

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments