N.A.D. finally here!

notonlybutalsonotonlybutalso Frets: 110
edited May 2014 in Amps
After much swearing and decrying of the frankly shoddy courier service it came by my new TH30 head and compact 4X12 cab arrived this morning courtesy of @lamf68 :) He really went the extra mile to make sure it got to me including a 2 hour round trip to the depot after the driver decided he just couldn't be bothered to pick it up from him! Couldn't have asked for a more helpful guy to do business with, and without much further ado here it is:

I think in this context, "compact" doesn't mean scaled down and lighter, just smaller and denser, like they have condensed a normal 4x12 into a smaller unit, but without sacrificing the back breaking weight of one! Also this rig is so bass heavy, which is a new experience for me. I guess i will have to buy a nice glassy telecaster to offset it ;) oh well!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Th30's are great amps. I did the whole of my last UK tour with one. They are definitely more effective with a matching Orange cab, i found i actually prefered the tones of the compact over the standard PPC212 and 4x12 cabs. Have fun, there's a lot of great tones in that simple control set-up!

• thanks @timmysoft i already love it even with the limited time i have had on it so far. what would you say is better tonally about the compact the the standard 4 and 2x12? I much prefer simple control setups on my gear, gets me working closer with it to get the best tones 
    thanks @timmysoft i already love it even with the limited time i have had on it so far. what would you say is better tonally about the compact the the standard 4 and 2x12? I much prefer simple control setups on my gear, gets me working closer with it to get the best tones 
    I just found the compact was actually a little less directional and didnt push the mids as much. Orange amps have this fuzzy quality in the mids that bigger cabs loaded with v30's seem to emphasise, so i liked the slightly more controlled mids and it also helps to tame the bottom end a bit, the TH30 has massive low end!
  • interesting, i don't think i could handle any more low end from this amp! Makes me glad i don't have the other cabs. As for the mids you can definitely hear the fuzziness when you turn the shape knob down to 0 and you are just left hearing the midrange, gives a very nice vintage brit rock style sound i think. i might have to lend some guitars from my hopefully obliging friends and see what kind fits best with it
    If you can get your hands on a Les Paul Junior, give that a go! 

• is it the single p90 i need or the actual guitar? i have a single p90 equipped guitar but i am sure i can find someone with an LPJ if i absolutely have to  ;)