First expensive tubescreamer that justifies cost?

What's Hot
ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7560
edited May 2014 in FX

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    yeah i just saw that email from proguitarshop. whether i'd actually use all those options is the other thing. :))
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I would say that about covers it ;).

Looks wicked, tbh. I personally love TS pedals. I know they don't suit every setup, but that pedal would rock balls. No doubt I will buckle and purchase when they hit the UK.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_Mc;245363" said:
    yeah i just saw that email from proguitarshop. whether i'd actually use all those options is the other thing. :))
    Sadly the downside.

The upside is it probably has pretty much every booteek ts alike inside it!
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    And a lot of other booteeks that pretend they're not TS's when they basically are!
    ^ Yeah :))

^^ Yeah pretty much. I like having options but then I normally set and forget. :)) If I had something which switched between sd1 and TS, though, that'd be pretty handy. Not sure if that's possible though since there are a fair few differences... probably handier/cheaper to just have one of each, just it takes up space on the pedalboard.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I saw this...it eats up every clone and even a standard TS for breakfast and shits it out in the afternoon.

I've never owned a TS or a clone, but this is now at the top of my list. The thing i like most about this is the voice knob and being able to go from tight to loose fuzz

I am bias, as i am a big EQD fanboy...so i immediately love anything they put out....but you gotta admit these guys know their shit like no other pedal company!
  • It's true.

@samzadgan you should try a tubescreamer with low battery power. Starved voltage turns it into a super saturated, mega compressed, squishy fuzz!
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    Watched the video earlier. Sounds brilliant. Im currently on my 5th "last overdrive I'll ever need". This will be number 6
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    Trouble with these mega optioned pedals is that I' set up A,B, and Boost - and that would be it.  Never use the rest ....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Wonder how much it'll cost over here. JRC4558?
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 806
    This web page has some interesting TS info:

http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/tstech/tsxtech.htm
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • Lew;247016" said:
    Wonder how much it'll cost over here. JRC4558?
    Not sure what chip is used, apparently it's not *that* important when set to low gain in a regular tubescreamer and I reckon it wouldn't matter sound wise in this one because it's...

Well, it's not exactly a clone, is it? :p

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited May 2014

As a rough rule of thumb, when you order stuff in US dollars it works out roughly about the same amount in GBP when you add the import tax and VAT etc.

So $249.99 will be (Very roughly) somewhere between £200 and £250 BUT different products attract different rates of tax etc so it could be cheaper.

I came up with this rule when I used to order Harley Davidson Parts from the US but I do remember there are lots of catagories and i'm really not sure what rates electronics would attract.

Even if it is £200 ish - if it's a good as it says, how far off other decent pedals is it? I paid £120 for my Boost Pedal and £90 each for the two TC electronic Pedals I have. I'm soon going to buy the TC X4 delay which is £185 and I don't mind paying that so it doesn't sound too outrageously expensive but it does sound very good.

Thanks for posting this. Another 'Thing' to look forward to.

• dindudedindude Frets: 8625
    It's a great idea. Often with overdrive pedals (especially TS types) you are just buying a "flavour" that works for you and a lot of companies I think avoid this multi option element as it kinda blows apart the boutique pedal business model of "you must buy our brand of pedal / new model because it now comes with a modicum more midrange bite and increased dynamics"

Having said that, these type of options in one pedal keep me awake at night. I'm a simple man!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    Isn't this just a Valvesporker with a couple of extra knobs?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddle;247324" said:
    Holy shit. I never thought of it that way...

Always wanted a valvesporker.
    dindude said:
    It's a great idea. Often with overdrive pedals (especially TS types) you are just buying a "flavour" that works for you and a lot of companies I think avoid this multi option element as it kinda blows apart the boutique pedal business model of "you must buy our brand of pedal / new model because it now comes with a modicum more midrange bite and increased dynamics"
    To be fair, a lot of those options do add a lot to the overall cost, and if 90% of your customers don't want it...

Just trying to be balanced since I'm normally the one complaining about BS in the boutique industry. :))
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    No.

It's not as good as a Valvesporker.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    I must be honest... silly money, but THIS looks impressive...

• CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
    Jalapeno said:
    Trouble with these mega optioned pedals is that I' set up A,B, and Boost - and that would be it.  Never use the rest ....
    Isn't that the point? It's not complex so you can mess about with it all the time, but so that you can set it to give the perfect output with the equipment you're using with it.  Tweak for a week, then enjoy forever.* 

*Although I do keep messing with the Rook.