Simple DIY one Transistor pedal

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    Corvus said:

As a total beginner I don't mind admitting that, or asking super-noob questions :)  I have just built a Tillman preamp, but added a trimpot for biasing, and a switch which adds a bypass cap over one resistor. Seems to me the pot's worth having permanently because it suits different guitars (pups) differently. Using Mk1 Human Ears instead of the suggested bias voltage, which people seem to differ on anyways.

And the bypass cap was interesting, different boost & treble boost depending on values. So I'm going to throw it into a pedal form with a rotary with different caps on, to play with. So it can be a no-gain buffer, booster, or treble booster etc.

Still can't entirely follow a schem and am right at the bottom of the hill of learning, but enjoying it. Links and posts here (thanks all for these) are great. My 14 yr old has started building the one-transistor circuit too :)

Fantastic, great stuff, happy building. Yes, once you get started on DIY pedals, it's not that difficult to build a circuit and mod it to your own taste. Input and output capacitors can change the tone enormously. :)
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader

Cheers :) I'm amazed that firstly it worked, and also that it looks to be a genuinely useful thing. Not to mention the fun & learning experimenting with it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom