Mesa Combo speaker lead issue...

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
So, after some daft twat loaded up my gear for me (FYI, drunk friends do not good roadies make), the speaker jack on the cable from the speaker on my Mark 4 took a beating and now is in pieces. Essentially, is there an easy way to repair this by either cutting the cable and putting a new jack on, or ordering a new speaker cable and resolding it from the speaker. 

Info/Advice mucho welcome!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    My Mk 4 had a similar fate, but that ended up with a smashed speaker o/p socket...oh how we laughed ;) I prefer a solder joint to those crimped spade connectors, just make sure the terminal is v v v clean before you solder it, they get surprisingly "dirty"
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    It's easy enough to just shorten it a bit at the jack end - Mesa always make them a bit too long.

This is a good reason to think about flightcasing your amp... makes it "helper"-proof.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein