Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Positive grid spark amp

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
This has been quite aggressively thrust in my Facebook reading face recently and i relented and actually had a look..

https://www.positivegrid.com/spark

Now i actually have an ember of temptation growing.. 

Any thoughts?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm guessing this is bias in a box...I personally dont like the sound or feel of bias though so its a pass for me. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I saw this the other day too, looks really promising. I used to use the JamUp app a hell of a lot for guitar practicing at home, and would be tempted to replace my Katana with this for home-use as long as it's got footswitch support in some way or another for channel switching.
  • I saw this the other day too, looks really promising. I used to use the JamUp app a hell of a lot for guitar practicing at home, and would be tempted to replace my Katana with this for home-use as long as it's got footswitch support in some way or another for channel switching.
    Footswitch support is a definite must to make stuff like this really useful
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Why is the guy with the Jazzmaster wearing a hat in his living room ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    DrBob said:
    Why is the guy with the Jazzmaster wearing a hat in his living room ?
    Some people go out of their way to look like twats coz they think it's cool.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    I saw this the other day too, looks really promising. I used to use the JamUp app a hell of a lot for guitar practicing at home, and would be tempted to replace my Katana with this for home-use as long as it's got footswitch support in some way or another for channel switching.
    Yep, I’m a big Jamup fan too;  I haven’t used it much lately but that’s more down to faffing with cables than it is quality of the sounds

This looks properly excellent, and cheap enough to be worth a try, I reckon.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Might have pressed ok on the super early bird offer... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    edited October 2019
    Just had a thought - although the amp doesn't seem to have any footswitch connectivity, it looks like PositiveGride make (made?!) a bluetooth MIDI footswitch that probably connects to the Spark app, and from there to the amp? 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    I just saw this on Facebook too and was away to start a thread.
    Without real sound clips the jury remains out but I have to say that the concept makes it almost the perfect practice amp. It looks THR size, effectively has a Trio built in to it, and the app looks really useful. An all in one solution but sorely lacking a footswitch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    Right first off, JamUp bias and bias fx are really good apps that I use and enjoy a lot. 

Don’t pre order anything from positive grid. 
    I pre ordered their Bluetooth  midi pedal, took and absolute age to arrive and didn’t perform how they said it would. They wouldn’t even let me return it for a refund and DSR’s didn’t help as their American and I paid months in advance. 

I did manage to sell it for a profit quite quickly though. 

I like the idea of the spark but would want to try it first. Actually I just like the fact it’s bias amp in a combo, I can do without all the other gubbins 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    grungebob said:
    Right first off, JamUp bias and bias fx are really good apps that I use and enjoy a lot. 

I pre ordered their Bluetooth  midi pedal, took and absolute age to arrive and didn’t perform how they said it would. They wouldn’t even let me return it for a refund and DSR’s didn’t help as their American and I paid months in advance. 

I like the idea of the spark but would want to try it first. Actually I just like the fact it’s bias amp in a combo, I can do without all the other gubbins 
    Damn!

Hopefully will turn out slightly better this time..  What was up with the pedal?
  • I tried to preorder but they don’t ship to the UAE, so, for now, I’m out.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited November 2019
    I tried to preorder but they don’t ship to the UAE, so, for now, I’m out.
    People of FB a bit annoyed about that - not UAE specific, but they had been going on about shipping worldwide.. then it turns out worldwide meant about 24 countries.. including UK but not even Ireland!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    edited November 2019
    Reading the comments on Facebook, there isn't a line out and Positive Grid have confirmed that when plugged in to a DAW you can't transfer the drum tracks. The line out isn't essential but would have been nice, but what a pity you can't record the song you've created with their system. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    LuttiS said:
    grungebob said:

Damn!

Hopefully will turn out slightly better this time..  What was up with the pedal?
    They said the latency was less than it was and that it was capable of working with a few other apps that turned out to be untrue. It was built well though and I git twice the price for it. 
  • JohnS37JohnS37 Frets: 345
    DiscoStu said:
    Reading the comments on Facebook, there isn't a line out and Positive Grid have confirmed that when plugged in to a DAW you can't transfer the drum tracks. The line out isn't essential but would have been nice, but what a pity you can't record the song you've created with their system. 
    I guess you could always mic it up and get the whole sound . . .
  • A Roland micro cube  or an ID core 20 if you need footswitches should be an alternative . I just realised I really like to practice with a footswitch :( 
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2177
    It's £70 more retail vs the pre order price. Personally I'd be happy to pay this premium just to have the confirmation it's any good before buying, especially if it's a headache to return.

I'm always a bit skepticacle of these pre-order offers with no release date. Are they just trying to raise funds for a product they haven't fully developed yet? What happens if they need more funds to complete it or they go bust? 

Anyway the concept looks good, but the proof is in the eating. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    With no demo, no online manual, I am out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    Missed out on the super-early bird offer but decided to go for the pre-order offer today as it was still a good price- 30% off,,went all the way to confirm payment and noticed they’d added $40ish tax onto the price at the last step.
     That took it out of the being worth a punt area for me.
     It’s annoying that wasn’t  shown from get-go like vat but I think that’s the way the US works.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom