SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

** Withdrawn ** FS Gretsch G5420T In Fairline Blue

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7581
edited November 2019 in Guitars £
I’m keeping the JC120 so something else has to go and it’s this bad boy.

It plays fantastically ,is in unmarked condition, has a great low action , stable tuning even with Bigsby use and comes with a generic hardcase.

The blacktop filtertrons cover loads of bases , they’ve got clean twang but fatten up really nicely with gain too.

I may be able to get my hands on a box so shipping will be an option if that’s the case.

£450 plus shipping gets it which I think is pretty good bearing in mind the price of a new one.

Edit - withdrawn , not having much luck with this, it's tough out there.

Sorry @pmbomb - I will definitely be back for our joint custody Schecter baby when funds allow
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• On hold for a Guntree chap
  • Still for sale - Gumtree chap not local enough to make it work and the guitar box I have isn't big enough for the case after all. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16678
    edited November 2019
    great guitar .........people just don't realise how they can do anything well ,I got mine thinking I wanted to do a bit of Rockabilly Twang and get my Setzer on but turned out its great for rock ,jazzy blues and sounds great for clicky funk even and yet people assume that they are a one-trick pony .....so wrong -and those blacktops just sound brilliant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fab guitar and a terrific price too! GLWTS
    Easily distracted and...oooh, look! A guitar!"
    My Trading Feedback can be found here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62765/bad-alice/p1
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7581
    edited November 2019
    Thanks fellas .

House update - the recent rain and my leaky house means there’s mould in my bedroom which is making me wheeze like an elderly bulldog. There’s damp under carpets and running water behind the walls if the rain is heavy and because of last weeks storms the scaffolding couldn’t go up so no repairs have started. 

End result we’ve moved our mattress into my man cave downstairs. I visited Jimi’s flat this year and there are definite parallels - I may have to buy a reverse headstock Strat at this rate. The mould is a definite hallucinogen too I reckon so songwriting should come easy.

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9122
    Thanks fellas .

House update - the recent rain and my leaky house means there’s mould in my bedroom which is making me wheeze like an elderly bulldog. There’s damp under carpets and running water behind the walls if the rain is heavy and because of last weeks storms the scaffolding couldn’t go up so no repairs have started. 

End result we’ve moved our mattress into my man cave downstairs. I visited Jimi’s flat this year and there are definite parallels - I may have to buy a reverse headstock Strat at this rate. The mould is a definite hallucinogen too I reckon so songwriting should come easy.

I won’t ask what you use the motor oil for...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JerkMoans said:
    Thanks fellas .

I won’t ask what you use the motor oil for...
    The Scalextrics of course !
  • Nicely priced Gretsch hump.

Im heading up the M3 and onto the south side of the M25 to Maidstone this Sunday if that makes buying it a bit easier for anyone
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7581
    edited November 2019
    Come on folks buy my lovely Gretsch , I’ve just bought the Jazzmaster back that I sold to MikeS when I was supposed to be saving to buy my Schecter back that I sold to @pmbomb ;;

Really I should ban myself from the classifieds and get back to repairing my bloody house:

Edit dropped to £430 and can deliver south side of M25 tomorrow . What’s not to like ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Still cheap , still here , still lovely 
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Come on folks buy my lovely Gretsch , I’ve just bought the Jazzmaster back that I sold to MikeS when I was supposed to be saving to buy my Schecter back that I sold to @pmbomb ;;

Really I should ban myself from the classifieds and get back to repairing my bloody house:

Edit dropped to £430 and can deliver south side of M25 tomorrow . What’s not to like ?
    you're not having the Schecter back if you're keeping it in a damp cellar!
  • pmbomb said:

you're not having the Schecter back if you're keeping it in a damp cellar!
    No it’s all good , I have moved a bed down to the cellar for my wife and moved the guitars upstairs into the warm 
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    bless her.
  • Just put it on eBay you should got around that 
  • On hold ! (Another bite on Gumtree)
  • Still FS, I assumed Gumtree was all about local buying and selling. Another buyer wanting it shipped and I don’t have a box deep enough for the case.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12886
    Still FS, I assumed Gumtree was all about local buying and selling. Another buyer wanting it shipped and I don’t have a box deep enough for the case.
    I sell lots of stuff on gumtree, I wouldn't post via a gumtree buyer though.