Anyone here use hearing aids?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    edited February 2020
    I have to wear hearing Aids and cant hear a fat lot without them. I used to have the standard NHS jobbies but my hearing loss was getting so bad (otosclerosis) that the nhs ones were at the threshold of their capacity and as such were squealing all of the time which drove me mad. I went for Boots and have Phonak Marvel M90 rechargeable. Pretty much top of the range. It took a long time to get them right. I also had the same warbling effect and what sounded like string buzz. Also really load clanging noises were so loud it was shocking. The mrs putting cutlery away was unbearable. It took a while to get them right and I had to keep going back for adjustments. Its down to skill of the audiologist. They got it right in the end. Keep persevering and if it doesnt feel/sound right make sure you go back. Some of it will be your brain having to adjust also

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10771
    I ordered some after I had a hearing test but I've heard nothing since

I told my doc I couldn’t hear out of my right  ear. 
    He said “are you sure?” 
    I said “yes absolutely sure.”
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • vizviz Frets: 10771
    viz said:
    I ordered some after I had a hearing test but I've heard nothing since

He said “are you sure?” 
    I said “yes absolutely sure.”
    Sorry that’s not right. 
    He said “are you sure?” 
    I said “yes I’m definite.”

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bignormbignorm Frets: 196
    Hi I'm 62 now and have been living with hearing loss since I was thirteen.
    Back in the old days the NHS issue aids were at best slightly better than no aids.
    My particular problem was the two bones fused together (Otosclerosis) stopping the transmission of sound from the outer ear to the inner ear.
    A brilliant invention was the bone anchored hearing aid which transmits sound waves as vibrations straight to the skull .. its transformed my life to the extent I can cope with most things now.
    The downside is, it's not perfect and the brain still has to cope with relearning to some extent.