'Captain' Kirk Douglas signature SG

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    To be serious for a minute I do like the fact that it's a 'legacy design' but with some clever and yet invisible updates which will make it drastically more versatile. I've always liked the 3HB Gibsons but always been frustrated by the restrictive pickup switching, and not that keen on the 'conventional' fix of rewiring it for three volumes and a master tone. I'm not totally convinced by the 'blend ring' idea either, on paper (especially as I have doubts about the reliability of things like that) but I'd have to try it.

At least it's better than the Now-ex Firewood.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    edited September 2013
    I've always found the Gibson separate vol and tone per pickup to be a pain in the ass and overkill. 
  • octatonic said:
    ICBM said:
    After all, Keifer Sutherland has a signature model, although I seem to remember it being rather ordinary.
    It was under constant tension.
    Are you sure? I thought it was only for 24 hours.