SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Suhr Alt T or Suhr Classic Pro/S

What's Hot
OnparOnpar Frets: 446
edited November 2019 in Guitars £

Anyone have a reasonably priced Suhr Alt T for sale? trade?

I need something with humbuckers for a project, hence the reason I have a few single coil teles for sale on the classifieds. Ideally looking for a maple fretboard version but not in the natural finish. 

Also looking for a Suhr Classic Pro in Olympic White, rosewood board, hss config. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    Aim for one with the Thornbuckers mate - superb 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 245
    Sent a PM
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 245
    Sorry, just read the details - ignore my PM, my Alt T is natural
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 446
    Are the SSVs not as good as the thornbuckers? 
    Onpar said:
    Not imho.... some of the best pickups I’ve played... remind me of the old Seth Lovers
  • I have also heard great things about thornbuckers 
  • AflfAflf Frets: 24
    +1 on the Thornbuckers. They also sound great in split mode on the Alt T Pro.
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    Aflf said:
    +1 on the Thornbuckers. They also sound great in split mode on the Alt T Pro.
    I miss mine :)
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    Was there much of a volume drop when you split the neck humbucker? 
    Still looking. Might consider a rosewood version but ideally after a maple fingerboard in black. These must be good if people don't want to sell.
  • Onpar said:
    All Suhr pickups are excellent. The Thornbucker and Thornbucker+ are great for lower output, but it depends on what you're after. Its not like you can't swap them out if you can't find a Thornbucker model
    Onpar said:
    All Suhr pickups are excellent. The Thornbucker and Thornbucker+ are great for lower output, but it depends on what you're after. Its not like you can't swap them out if you can't find a Thornbucker model
    Yeah good point.

I'm more concerned about the split coil and how this sounds. I do a lot of funk stuff (Nile Rogers, James brown etc) and want to ensure this guitar can do that thang!! 
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    @Onpar - there is a slight volume drop as you would expect when you’re splitting the humbucker. I just had my spark boost set to bring it back up to match the volume when using that pickup config. Sounds exquisite. 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    PC_Dave said:
    @Onpar - there is a slight volume drop as you would expect when you’re splitting the humbucker. I just had my spark boost set to bring it back up to match the volume when using that pickup config. Sounds exquisite. 
    Thanks!! How come you sold it? I know we all sell great gear because we have GAS but was there anything in particular that didn't work for you? 
    I’ve said this before, I am really traditional with regard to guitars. Heavy relic nitro Masterbuilt and CS are my thing - and I really really dislike the Suhr headstock and lack of reliving...

I tried a Alt T Pro in recommendation; stunning and one of the most versatile guitars I’ve ever used. It NEVER goes out of tune.

I know use this in our band 100%. I sold my MB Tele when I bought this...

Ive played and owned a few 70s Tele Customs; the Seth Lovers pick ups in these are superb. No other pick up comes close other than the TBs.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And something else... it somehow feels ‘vintage’ to me...

• brooombrooom Frets: 1193
    Just received my Suhr Modern today... ordered it with thornbuckers.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    My Alt T Pro is two years old this month, I get gas pangs occasionally, but my heads not turned for long. I struggle with HB guitars, just too muddy for this Strat man - but the Alt T has clarity for days, and as Waz said is soooo stable and in-tune it’s scary.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    As has been said by hubo, and he knows his Suhrs, it depends on what you're after. It might not make a difference to you and unlike a PRS DGT, the Suhr TBs pickup are available if you want to swap them out.

Personally, I've had SSVs in a couple of Suhr Superstrats and they were 'ok' 

When I had my Alt T (sold stupidly due to a looming financial issue that didn't materialise in the end), I found the Thornbuckers to be superb and suited the guitar very well. They're airy but have some girth and a more classic sound and you'll cover a lot of ground with that guitar and being a funk fun, the sounds in these guitars sit better in your mix.

Had I of kept it, for my purposes, I think a little more oomph might've been needed from the bridge, but I would've stayed with the overall tone and gone with a Thornbucker Plus in the bridge rather than anything else.

Do we know they reason why they changed to SSVs as there's not much in the pickup price?