Electro-acoustics

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBM said:
    Electro-acoustics are the work of Satan.
    Maybe they are ICBM......but I love my little Tanglewood Roadster.  It will do until I get GAS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Random fact: The Takamine Cool Tube preamp will not fit into the G-Series guitars, only the Japanese ones. So there is no easy upgrade path.

I have been to hell of a lot of acoustic gigs in recent times and I think the soundhole pickups are my favourite overall, as an audience member. My own guitars have onboard preamps, which is convenient. Once I have set the controls to my liking I leave them where they are to avoid sound engineer rage.

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    I'm looking and learning too ... ICBM has made some very interesting additional comment over here ...

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5318
    ICBM said:
    Electro-acoustics are the work of Satan.

Agreed. I'm in the @ICBM, @bluechargeboy camp- soundhole pickups are the way to go.

I've had an LR Baggs M1a in my guitars for years, and with fresh strings and a remotely decent PA it sounds bloody fantastic every time. No messing with preamps, batteries that last forever, comes out with two fixing screws and a jack socket so you can take bloody fantastic sound with you when you trade in guitars. Who wants one of those quack boxes stuck to their guitar?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.