SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

2013 PRS DGT Goldtop for sale offers around £1650 delivered

What's Hot
EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
edited November 2019 in Guitars £
Picking up a Tremonster tonight so need to shift this lovely beast on. 2013 goldtop in excellent condition overall apart from some of the lacquer coming away where the fretboard and neck meet. This is seemingly quite a common thing with PRS guitars and I have heard that prs fix this for free.  Has all the case candy hang tags etc.

open to offers to offers around £1750 delivered.

pics to follow

edit link to pics

edit price now £1650  delivered

2013 DGT gold top https://imgur.com/a/kdytwF2
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Evildurka said:
    Picking up a Tremonster tonight so need to shift this lovely beast on. 2013 goldtop in excellent condition overall apart from some of the lacquer coming away where the fretboard and neck meet. This is seemingly quite a common thing with PRS guitars and I have heard that prs fix this for free.  Has all the case candy hang tags etc.

open to offers to offers around £1750 delivered.

pics to follow
    I think PRS will only fix it if you're the original owner.  PRS himself calls the secondhand market their biggest competition and deliberately has a strict non-transferable warranty.  No idea what the situation is with other manufacturer's but I'm sure if you bought a Feline or Ivison for example they'd help out within reason.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I am only going off a video I saw on YouTube where the guy sent his guitar off and told them he wasn't the first owner and they sent it back like new at no cost but I can't verify as I have never asked them myself
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    Evildurka said:
    I am only going off a video I saw on YouTube where the guy sent his guitar off and told them he wasn't the first owner and they sent it back like new at no cost but I can't verify as I have never asked them myself
    They were very lucky then because usually it is impossible.
    The PRS warranty says this:

PRS products are warranted through the authorized PRS dealer from which they were purchased. If you are the original owner and are experiencing an issue with your PRS that is warranty related, please contact your authorized PRS dealer. The dealer will be able to work through the return and repair process with you.

These warranties are extended to the original purchaser only and may not be transferred or assigned to subsequent owners. Proof of purchase or a sales receipt must accompany all requests for warranty coverage.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fair enough have you contacted them yourself in this regard? 
    Evildurka said:
    Fair enough have you contacted them yourself in this regard? 
    Yes and for a similar issue.
    I had an instrument that had some finish discolouration that I bought used.
    They would not fix it under warranty because I was not the original owner.
  • Here is the video I saw

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    Evildurka said:
    Fair enough have you contacted them yourself in this regard? 
    Yes and for a similar issue.
    I had an instrument that had some finish discolouration that I bought used.
    They would not fix it under warranty because I was not the original owner.
    Maybe you should contact them again with a link to this video man to give them a kick.
    I might just do that. :)
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1009
    edited November 2019
    I’m a big PRS fanboy but I’ve seen so much of this laquer issue. I think it’s appalling that it should happen on such an expensive premium guitar. They should be keen to fix it regardless of who owns it if they stand by their product and craftsmanship. 

That and the blue dyes that literally fade back to nothing. 

Nothing plays like prs and I genuinely love them more than any other brand but these 2 issues bug me and it bugs me even more that they don’t stand by their work. 

They should take a leaf out of the line 6 customer service book. 
  • GLWTS by the way!!! Just remembered this was a FS thread rather than a discussion. Sorry for the interruption. At least it’s a free bump. 
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    edited November 2019
    Bumparoo Banzai!

Edit. Would also consider trades for scoreline tremonti's as I don't think I can possibly own too many Tremonti's right now!
  • bump price drop to £1650 delivered
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bump for friday
  • sold via evilbay
  • DGT’s seem to be the only prs that hold any used value for some reason. 
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 899
    Managed to benefit from the £1 fees offer? Hopefully that will work well for domestic harmony! 
  • £1 fees for the win. I actually made money on it too.
    Also sold my stormshadow telecaster so I can now hang my Jim root tele on the wall.