SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Gibson Les Paul Junior Tribute DC 2019 £395

What's Hot
abw1989abw1989 Frets: 658
edited November 2019 in Guitars £
Okay, I know that this one is controversial because of the pickguard etc... but it really is a straight-up, no-frills workhorse of a guitar.

Mahogany body with no weight relief but still really light, this one is around 7lbs I think. Maple slim taper neck with a rosewood fretboard and 'cryogenically treated' frets(!).

This one has the worn ebony finish which is satin all over. Condition is 9/10 with some minor buckle rash and some strumming marks on the pickguard. It has Gibson branded pots with braided wires and the original bridge P90 pick up.

It also has a special secret under the pickguard. It is routed for a neck P90 from the factory so it's all ready to be converted into a Les Paul Special style instrument.

It comes with everything from the factory: Gig bag, strap, tool kit, photo, spec sheet and the all-important polishing cloth!

£395 collected from Leamington Spa or a fairly local meet up. No postage please due to lack of hardcase and no trades.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9122
    Utter bargain.  Interesting neck p/u preparation...  If I was nearer to Leamington Spa I'd have this off you in a heartbeat to mod the shit out of.  GLWTS.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 658
    I'm guessing it was to save factory costs, to commonise some of the routings for the Junior and the Special I had plans to mod it myself but I'm going to save the money and let it go instead!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Nice!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7448
    bargain
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3457
    A USA made Gibson for under £400?!?

Good guitars these....

• Too far away for me but that’s a bargain 
  • Ever considered an early winter break in Dorset (bringing your guitar). It’s lovely down here this time of year, it actually stopped raining for 10 minutes last week and the sun nearly came out. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @DrCornelius your offer is a good one I admit... But the Midlands is a touch soggy at the moment and I fear I'd have to sell this to buy a boat to get to you
  • abw1989 said:
    @DrCornelius your offer is a good one I admit... But the Midlands is a touch soggy at the moment and I fear I'd have to sell this to buy a boat to get to you
    That’s a plan then !

I can’t afford it but I’d love to try one and at that price Id rent it for a few months then stick it back on here at the same price once my curiosity had been satisfied 

Thats got to be snapped up soon Shirley?
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9122
    Another Wacky Races stylee bout of forum mayhem as obsessed gear freaks descend on Leamington Spa from all points of the compass, crazed with lust for bargain Gibsons.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A thought. Grab a box from your local guitar store and then you can ship it. They have to pay to have them collected I think as it's commercial waste.
    It sounds as if you've buyers ready to go........Or you can buy a guitar shipping box from Reverb. They are superb.
    Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    Due to another guitar related purchase, I'll be in Oxford tomorrow afternoon if that helps any one geographically. 
    Bargain bump
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3457
    edited November 2019
    abw1989 said:

This pic is interesting. Trogly's guitar on YouTube took apart a one of these.

It was the original model with the jack on the front - same as the one for sales here, but it had no routing for the front pickup.

Skip to around 2:40 in:

So it seems that the changes to the body routing were made first, before they made the change to the jack location.

One for the Gibons' afficionado's to debate endlessly in 40 years time when these guitars are worth thousands.