Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Tone City Andertons pedals

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4380
    edited November 2019
    I've not heard them, nor have I watched the vids.  But I would bet a fiver of anyone's money that, for less than the inflation-adjusted price I paid back in the day, any one of these sounds better than the 'Rocktek' overdrive I had as a first pedal.  I can see the appeal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4178
    edited November 2019
    randella said:
    I've not heard them, nor have I watched the vids.  But I would bet a fiver of anyone's money that, for less than the inflation-adjusted price I paid back in the day, any one of these sounds better than the 'Rocktek' overdrive I had as a first pedal.  I can see the appeal.
    Or equal to many "boutique" pedals. But of course that's not what people want to believe, because they spent their cash on "boutique" pedals and listen with their wallets, not their ears.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5317
    its got to be a good thing, plenty of budding guitarists out there in need of cheap, good sounding pedals...very short sighted to think otherwise...the more affordable it becomes for people to get a great sounding guitar and rig the better in my book
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mgaw said:
    its got to be a good thing, plenty of budding guitarists out there in need of cheap, good sounding pedals...very short sighted to think otherwise...the more affordable it becomes for people to get a great sounding guitar and rig the better in my book
    It's part of why I noticed these in the first place. I'm a broke student and was looking at things on the Andertons website I could put on my Christmas list and lo and behold these popped up.

For me, I either have to buy "mid-priced" pedals used or cheap pedals new. There is no chance in hell I'll be affording a real Suhr Riot or King of Tone any time soon, but I might be able to afford a Tone City Wild Fro and a King of Blues if I save a few pennies.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6990
    Don't waste your time with the King of Blues. Sounds nothing at all like a KOT and I believe one side of it is meant to be a TS.

I sold it after about 3 days of trying everything I could to make it not sound shite. 

On the cheap you're better off getting  one of them ebay clones or a Mooer Blues crab or something. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14003
    edited November 2019
    I've ordered a Durple, I've been looking for a mini sized light/medium OD that is neither a TS or Klone type and this fits the bill nicely. Adding the mid control is good idea.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5878
    Lev said:
    Freebird said:
    What has "Danish Pete" contributed to rock history? Is he a very famous guitarist or something?

I take it you're not an Atomic Kitten or Girls Aloud fan then?
    ...and Tom Jones for a bit? 

...and Westlife and Il Divo. To be fair, it is easy to scoff at those bands but the guy has been a legit professional musician, touring and playing most of the major arenas across Europe. 
    I didn’t know he’d done any of that stuff. I’d always thought he was a guy who came across well on screen and makes guitars sound amazing. 

Now I know he’s had all those gigs, my opinion of him will be exactly the same. He’s very good at the job I’ve seen him doing. 

As someone who is pretty ignorant of what’s where in the pedal market, I’d probably pay a little more attention to a box with his name or association on it. Just because I like his sound and it would be a good starting point if
    i was looking l. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4213
    I just have an issue with small form pedals as they are impractical if you have normal sized feet as they need to be spaced far enough apart so that you do t hit 2 pedals at once then you might as well have normal sized pedals and they also move under your feet due to their small footprint, no pun intended
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14725
    dazzajl said:
    I’d probably pay a little more attention to a box with his name or association on it.
    I'm weird. I assess pedals on the sounds that they produce and the ease of using the controls. What do I know?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5878
    dazzajl said:
    I’d probably pay a little more attention to a box with his name or association on it.
    I'm weird. I assess pedals on the sounds that they produce and the ease of using the controls. What do I know?
    But if you knew absolutely nothing about any of them, how would you choose where to start assessing?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12294
    I might buy both of these, both would be great fun on my mini board and both offer things that arent specifically modelled on my Katana 50 (unlike say my TS mini, which is, or a rat clone, which is).
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2341
    There's obviously room for both scary-expensive and cheap-as-chips in the pedal market - in fact my last 2 Andertons purchases were a Revival Drive Compact (£315) and TC Sharp Mini (£37), both of which are on my main 'board now. But it's tough for overdrives to bring anything new to the table, hence the acronym JAFOD. I have to say, to me it doesn't sound anything special in the shop video, even with DP playing it. YMMV.
  • Keefy said:
    There's obviously room for both scary-expensive and cheap-as-chips in the pedal market - in fact my last 2 Andertons purchases were a Revival Drive Compact (£315) and TC Sharp Mini (£37), both of which are on my main 'board now. But it's tough for overdrives to bring anything new to the table, hence the acronym JAFOD. I have to say, to me it doesn't sound anything special in the shop video, even with DP playing it. YMMV.
    Yeah for me the Durple was a bit meh. The Wild Fro on the other hand sounded different enough to anything I currently have to be tempting.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2341
    Keefy said:
    Yeah for me the Durple was a bit meh. The Wild Fro on the other hand sounded different enough to anything I currently have to be tempting.
    Yeah the Wild Fro sounds nice on a Strat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpEChP6F4KE