Using a 2nd smaller board

What's Hot
TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
Now I have a pedalboard I'm happy with sound wise it still pisses me off with random gremlins and fussy pedals - or knobs moving between gigs.

It's fine for big shows ( we do lots of parties and weddings ) but our drummer (i know I shouldn't be taking advise from a drummer but he's got a lot of pro tour experience) sai last night "if you strip your board back to the absolute minimum you can get away with for a pub gig, what would you need.?"

So I thought about it and came up with tuner, drive and delay.

So I've set myself a ceiling of £100 to do just that. I was going to use a pedaltrain nano but that's half my budget gone already (suggestions welcome on alternatives). Then a cheapy tuner - mooer, eno, snark - that kind of thing, a TS like drive - bad monkey maybe? - and a joyo analog delay

I'd need to use both channels on my supersonic which is a shame as that involves using a 4 button midi footswitch

Thoughts on boards to use or suggested pedals? Also does anyone else use a 2nd board or am I just being OTT!!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    If you are just going between Clean and Burn then use that cable I gave you with a one button amp footswitch. 
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
    You bloody genius I was looking at that last night too !!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    It's supposed to use 2 stereo footswitches so I'm not sure which function it will be if you use it with a mono, but I suspect it will be the clean/burn.
    Would be sensible - it stays on fat the whole time and the reverb is dead
    (It fell off its stand!)
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2768
    If you want something simple and smaller then have you thought about a mulitfx? 

My tiny board has a yamaha dg stomp, eb volume and a snark tuner. I could gig with it into a clean amp or I can change amp channels via midi and use it just for fx.  I was thinking about using it at friday's gig where the stage is tiny instead of the silly huge board I normally use.

Yeah I was looking at a boss me50 or such like

Could still be the way to go

I just love stomps

Seriously - I have a problem!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    edited May 2014
    Used Boss ME-50 or Zoom G3 etc.

You can also use it as a direct-to-PA box for really stripped-back set-ups, or an emergency backup for your main rig.

I got rid of my second pedalboard and did exactly that - ME-50 first, but slightly prefer the Zoom. I think!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom