Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

RandallFlagg's Lay Betting Journal: current betting bank total £488.21

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14003
    Once again, no bet today. Waiting patiently for the opportunities to come.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Maybe a bet today, we'll see.

keeping an eye on Wincanton 16:30 and Chelmsford 19:00 and 20:00

Today's bet:

13:55 Southwell Arabian King £25 SP Lay

edited January 2020

FFS - best lost.

Time to take a break!

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6408
    edited January 2020

Seriously, glad to see no doubling down nonsense !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • The bookie giveth and the bookie taketh away
    edited January 2020
    The bookie giveth and the bookie taketh away

There is no bookie on Betfair exchange. I have turned £50 into £252 on this run. I'll take a break for a while after a few losing bets though. I hate betting in winter, much prefer the flat racing from March onwards.

• welbywelby Frets: 18
    I'ts been a good run and some recent unpredictability in weather may have affected results - Your still on a multiple of 5 which is a fantastic return, well done and I look forward to future posts. As you said in earlier post its only for giggles .

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7418
    Everyone on the private forum I go on is complaining of losing runs at the minute as well. 
    Probably is the weather, cos between 17th December and 17th January my graph is just a straight climb, then the last 2 weeks has been loss after loss on UK racing. South African and other international races results are fine so I've not really lost too much of my profit. 

Same for most my UK sports bets after thinking about it actually. December 2018 I set aside £500 and started on football bets, mainly boosted odds accumulators on favourites. Through to March there's 380 bets where I just break even, to the point where I remember it was boring me shitless and I was gonna put the money in savings. 
    After March it's one of my best. I made it as high as £6850 profit, but then back comes winter and I've lost £1800 of it so far across about 250 bets.

I only place bets where I've got an edge of at least 5%, then I use half kelly stakes, so it's not like I'm being wreckless. I'm just going to keep plugging away and if I lose it all I think it's a great example of how even the best mathematical strategy can leave you with a "lol wtf?" graph.
    Saw this new tipping service free trial online if anyone is interested. Sign up and they send you free tips in February.

https://joshallenmb.activehosted.com/f/1

No affiliation. I've put my email down and will have a look once they send me the first email. Might end up being crap.
  • Just revisiting this with an update. I have recovered the losses incurred and then some with some extreme high risk bets, which I was not prepared to post. I'm not going to be betting that regularly now until the flat racing season gets going properly in the spring.

But as a way of a sign-off of now. Betting banks stands at £389.39

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    What made you go for high risk bets? Isn't it against the spirit of the grind that you were going for originally
    edited February 2020
    King85 said:
    What made you go for high risk bets? Isn't it against the spirit of the grind that you were going for originally
    Yep. Weak willed alcohol fuelled bravado.

Back under control now...well not the alcohol bit but no more high risk bets.

• I cashed out my account after things started looking a bit rocky. Still managed to turn £25 into £60 in the space of 3 weeks, which paid for the next 3 weeks food shopping.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • King85 said:

He who dares, Rodders! God bless the betting juice!
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4994
    Dang, I would quite happily have took the plunge on those other bets though! Please consider posting the next one's you do again :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• welbywelby Frets: 18
    Yes please consider continuing posting. I found it fun and a great afternoon distraction from
     normal work related tasks. 
    I have to admit that I have tried to replicate your approach with a varying degree of success and only on a few races.
     I am still in positive territory.

• King85 said:

He who dares, Rodders! God bless the betting juice!
    Exactly. I am a natural risk taker in life, my career and with money. No-one got rich by playing it safe.

What was high risk about them? Increased liability?
  • Today's bet:

19:50 Newcastle - Merweb SP Lay £25 liability