Dumbasses in guitar shops

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

So there's no confusion, I went in, and specifically asked for a battery powered, cheap if possible phaser. The second part was covered (cheap), but not the primary (Battery powered).

Shouldn't a musician (I'm assuming he's a musician) listen to what's in front of them?

@Paulo, them there cartoons are awesomes.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PauloPaulo Frets: 65
    Sounds like a small mistake.  We all have to learn I suppose. 

It's not his first with me.

It will be his last, with me.

I was fair and gave them a second chance, he blew it.

Same shop (different staff) did annoy me when I went in to order some pup's and the 2 guys were more interested is discussing their phones, and not listening to what I wanted.

I shall not be going back. For anything. Even a pick.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    To be (very slightly) fair, if he wasn't totally familiar with the Mooers or ever opened one up he might have assumed they were battery powered - almost all small pedals are. Most non-battery-powered effects are larger multi-FX type things. Not excusing him, just a thought. Yes, I know when you see the size of them and work out that with the two jacks and the switch there isn't going to be room for a PP3 in there it should be obvious...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

@ICBM, it was him who said, it didn't take a battery.........

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    Lol

Definitely needed one of those pointy hats with a D on it then :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    That tale remimds me of an attempted purchase a few years ago...    music shop in Hull,  I grabbed a zoom multi efffect and asked about a cash discount.    The owners response was £10 more than the price tag (which was already at the max rrp and silly compared to online shops).    He wasn't being funny - he just couldn't read and when I pointed it out, tried to claim the ticket was a mistake...   I didn't buy it.