In a few weeks time...

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
...it will be a whole year since I played a guitar.  The band split in October 2012 and, bar one single day when I added some electro-acoustic to a track for my ex-drummer's boy, I literally haven't held a guitar in going on for a year.  It's not that I'm sulking or owt like that - I'm perfectly happy - I just seem to be lacking the desire to play for some reason.  It's very strange as I would always miss two things whenever I went on holiday - a decent curry and my guitars.
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    You're too busy procrastinating to play guitar, that's all

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• I'm pretty much the same. A few weeks ago I was contemplating selling them. I have a Strat on a stand which I occasionally pick-up but I really don't feel the need. I may actually have grown out of it....
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 990
    So the title of this forum is really "fretting and bored"?

There is no surer method for relieving stress than a loud amp and a fuzz box!

Get thee to knitting weekly unbelievers!!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Pick it up you bawbag!
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    That's totally cool, Emp.
    I go year on year without playing and  it's fine. You'll play when you're ready.
    I picked up my acoustic this year cos I met this awesome singer and she asked me to play in her band. It only lasted a few weeks cos she got too close to me but it WAS amazing while it lasted.
    I've hung my musical boots up for a while. No worries/.

• vizviz Frets: 10691
    @headphones: LOLLLLLLLLLL!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    Was wondering how that went, discostu. Shame, you sounded great together. Emp: don't let the evils of conservatories et al tempt you from the true path. Maybe rearrange your house so guitars are more prominant and picking them up for a quick play is easier. But also it's always easier when you have a deadline to achieve.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Emp's track record with deadlines is worse than mine.

Wasn't Emp late for his own birth?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Considering I rarely go a day without playing, I'm really not that good at all!
  • Emp's other projects he has in hand (or his head) have taken priority over musical things. Still, when you're a genius inventor or innovator, it surely pays to focus on one thing a time, so we should cut him some slack.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    I'm a very goal oriented person so I only play when I have a project. 

That's why I try and make sure I'm in a band or have some kind of gig or musical thing on the boil.
    Emp's other projects he has in hand (or his head) have taken priority over musical things. Still, when you're a genius inventor or innovator, it surely pays to focus on one thing a time, so we should cut him some slack.

I got to question the "genius inventor or innovator" part of this statement. Surely "procrastinating idiot" would be more suitable

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Idiot ?

:((
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    viz said:
    Was wondering how that went, discostu. Shame, you sounded great together.
    Cheers @viz. Aye it's annoying cos it's the first 'real' musical thing I'd done (as opposed to the occasional cover at a party) in ages and the first time writing for many years. We wrote 4, maybe 5 songs we thought were really good but she was coming round every other night to jam at mine and ultimately I wasn't ready to have a woman in my life so soon after my recent breakup. My health was suffering - I had my first ever panic attack and wasn't sleeping - so I had to knock it on the head.

So currently I am back in the 'no playing' zone. Which is a real shame as for a second there I thought we were going to be great.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Hey Emp .. get thee to the Fretboard Collective and record something ... creative food for your soul .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • mike_l said:
    Emp's other projects he has in hand (or his head) have taken priority over musical things. Still, when you're a genius inventor or innovator, it surely pays to focus on one thing a time, so we should cut him some slack.

I got to question the "genius inventor or innovator" part of this statement. Surely "procrastinating idiot" would be more suitable
    Ok, maybe I should have chosen my words a bit more careful, but "procrastinating"?

mike_l said:

Ok, maybe I should have chosen my words a bit more careful, but "procrastinating"?
    It's Emp, his "to do" list is longer than a very very long thing..........

Emp_Fab said:
    Idiot ?

:((

I'm sorry Emp, I didn't mean to hurt your feeling.

:-S

• Absolutely, we don't. Lets face it, where else could you get that kind of entertainment for free?