cheap multimeter recommendation

allicioallicio Frets: 221
Has anybody got any recommendations for a cheap multimeter? My dads getting pissed off with me borrowing his fluke everytime I build some lava cables up for my board!
Cheers for any tips!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• danodano Frets: 1647
    Rapid do an own brand one in dark green for about 12 quid. we bought about 20 in work a few years ago and they are all doing well. does capaciatnce too. Im more than happy using it for measurements if my fluke isnt about.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

The was one in helfrauds today for £8.

I can see what I can get a Sealey one for (mine cost me £8).

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    The Maplin Precision Gold range are good, and cheap.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 10010
    The Maplin ones can be tempting with the extra features like transistor testers, capacitance scales and frequency measurements, none of which seem to work as well as expected in my experience. Go for one that has good basic measurements is my advice - AC/DC voltage and resistance will get you far.
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1941
    I've had a Rapid (318, I think) for some time now and it has been reliable and always read very close to the Fluke 73 we had at work. I think I paid a tenner for it, well worth the money!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Thanks very much lads that's much appreciated! There's a maplin near me that has a precision gold one in at £30 that seems to cover all bases.
    I'll bob down this aft