Jazzcaster / Telemaster build advice ... maybe one for Jooky? :)

4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
in Making & Modding tFB Trader
Hi guys, 

Getting a Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Special in the next couple of days, love the look of the offset guitars. However, I also like the sound of the telecasters, so I'm thinking, why not combine the two for the best of both worlds:

imageimage

I know Telemasters have been done before, I'm just wondering if anyone can foresee any problems with me modding the JM to look like the mockup I made above? I'm aware that the pickup hole will need routing, and the JM pickup is wider than a tele bridge, so I may have to buy pickguard blank to cut. Apart from that, it should all work, right? It all seems a little too simple for my liking ... must be a catch somewhere!

Any advice greatly received!

Cheers, Dan.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3023
    Won't there be a hole left by the tremolo ?
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3023
    Oh wait, is the VM the Hardtail one ?

Duh !
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    Looks great - although I wouldn't use the Strat style output jack plate. I'd side mount it like a Tele.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    Oh and John Manuel could probably build the body and supply the plate if you asked him
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Yeah, it's the VM hardtail I'm getting in a trade tomorrow, so the strat style output jack is already on the body. Thanks for the recommendation  impmann, but it's a guitar that I'll be modding, so no need to have anything built. :)
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I like that. I'd like it even better with a Bigsby B5.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    People, please stop ruining Jazzmasters with telecaster parts.

Just buy a Tele.

Thanks

that is all
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.