Castledine Supra-Vibe - Now the Supra-Vibe appreciation thread

What's Hot

Comments

• I'm intrigued to see what you come out the other end with. I think we're both chasing very similar things. That said, I've not got the cash to explore at the moment. Try the Shin-Ei, I tried one in Denmark Street and it was tidy. I'd need to try with my own gear though.

Intrigued by the Terraform, I never imagined it would get the nod from @Gassage, who's been on quote a journey with Viber's recently.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1082
    In terms of 'vibey phasers' the farm fly agaric looks great. I'm going for the Jam though
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1082

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7022
    I think the Shin-Eis are way too pricey for me and it's probably best I don't try one before I sell my kid to fund it!

Realistically the Castledine isn't a whole ton more than what I'd sell the Vibe Machine 2 for so unless I bite the bullet and order the Violet from the US that is looking the most likely option. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1397
    if you really want to dial-in a specific sound it's worth getting a Mayer voodoo vibe. it's not quite a true reproduction like the castledine or shin-ei reissue but lots more controls than other univibes
    Intrigued by the Mayer stuff and would like to try one but everything of his I read he comes over as insufferable and it sort of turns me off.  Especially now he's at the point of 'modifications I'm sure Jimi would have loved' bit of his pedal making career according to his site. 

Apropos of nothing this is a snippet from a post I made on TGP yesterday talking about pedals with infinite tweakability. Seems relevent here. 

As an aside after owning a gazillion pedals these days I veer towards LESS tweakability and a more instant great sound out of the box. Every pedal I owned or own with tons of options doesn't seem to sound as good as one which has been voiced to deliver one specific thing.
    I wonder if this advent in pedal design is designed to appeal to our vanity of being so special we need everything dialled in 'just right' to some Goldilocks zone instead of just plugging in a thing that sounds great and making sweet music.

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    i think you either get a good one - castledine, fulltone, whatever - and just stick with it, or you get something like the Mayer and make it work for you.
    Yep fair enough. Have emailed Castledine for some more info. Can see myself going down that route. 

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1627
    soma1975 said:
    Intrigued by the Mayer stuff and would like to try one but everything of his I read he comes over as insufferable and it sort of turns me off.  Especially now he's at the point of 'modifications I'm sure Jimi would have loved' bit of his pedal making career according to his site. 

I've A/B'd one of his Voodoo Vibes with a couple of original 60's Univibes. The Voodoo Vibe is good, it'll get that sound and a lot more besides.  If you just want the Univibe sound though you could go for something smaller and simpler.

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1567
    I did own a Mayer Voodoo Vibe TC which is a stripped down version of the full-size version. Looks mental but sounds good. 
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    This is a univibe:
    http://www.classicamplification.net/efx/NavMenuFx.html
    It also has info about those trying to be one. 
    Cool link. Spoke to Stu. Will order from him once I've sold my current vibe. 

• lukedlb said:
    This is a univibe:
    How does it compare to others? Looks like a good footprint.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    soma1975 said:
    Cool link. Spoke to Stu. Will order from him once I've sold my current vibe. 
    there's one for sale over on the DAM forum atm (not that i want to take business away from Stu!)
    Cheers for the heads up. Won't be buying for a bit yet.  

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    lukedlb said:
    This is a univibe:
    How does it compare to others? Looks like a good footprint.
    I sold my original univibe and kept this. It was eqd to the top end which makes it great for a full out Marshall as it doesn’t get too muddy. Seeing as I play at home I preferred the thicker vibe baby for a deeper sweep. Still, I could eq them both to sound the same. 

The site is now now offline as its moving to a new server.

The pedal is the same same size as a wah.
  • I'm seriously considering the Moon Vibe MkII by Electronic Orange.
    Castledine ordered. Will report back when it's in my hands. 

• Good man!
    Probably going to be 2 weeks. They have a limited run of black with gold print so gone for that. Exciting times!