Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

This is why you need a to stick to the system.

What's Hot
octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
edited September 2013 in Off Topic
In our house we have a strict system for coffee.
There is an Illy coffee cannister for 'proper' caffeinated coffee and a stupid little crockery container for decaf that Mrs Oct drinks.

Several times she has been on the verge of getting it wrong and putting decaf in the wrong container but I've always caught her.

So.... fast forward to yesterday when I started getting a bad headache that continued overnight and into today.
I was making a coffee earlier and was surprised to see just how much proper coffee we had left considering we drink it every day and I haven't bought any for a while.

Yes- you guessed it- Mrs Oct put decaf in the wrong container day before yesterday and I've been suffering the oh-not-so-pleasant-effects of caffeine withdrawal.
I thought the stress of buying houses was bringing on an aneurysm.

I've never been so cross but so relieved.
THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO STICK TO THE SYSTEM, PEOPLE!!!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488

fuck the system man, embrace the chaos.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    edited September 2013
    More than happy to now my head isn't banging.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As a fellow caffeine addict, have a wisdom. I feel your pain- one day without a coffee and I get a headache on the dot of 24 hours.

Personally I say balls to fresh decaf. That's the best way to avoid confusion :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    We have a green pot for proper coffee beans, and the decaf ground shit stays in its bag in the refrigerator. The exclusive use of beans for man coffee is primary what prevents any potential decaf contamination
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I would say that's grounds for divorce.

Drinking decaffeinated coffee? She's clearly some kind of nutcase.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited September 2013
    thing is,  one can  taste the difference betwixt  proper and de-caf  a squillion miles away....(or at least I 'used to be able to'.)...... seems that you've proved the opposite........so embrace the fact that you can now drink de-caf,  thus drink as many cups when ever you want
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    Lol.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    edited September 2013

bertie said:
    thing is,  one can  taste the difference betwixt  proper and de-caf  a squillion miles away....(or at least I 'used to be able to'.)...... seems that you've proved the opposite........so embrace the fact that you can now drink de-caf,  thus drink as many cups when ever you want

Now I know it is decaf I can definitely taste it. At 7am, wandering around like a zombie before the first cup... No chance it would seem.
  • Decaf coffee is like alcohol-free beer.... An entirely pointless entity.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    So what you are saying, is that you hope Mrs Oct Mk2 doesn't make the same mistake.

I like your new patio by the way. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10390
    tFB Trader
    Decaf coffee is like alcohol-free beer.... An entirely pointless entity.
    Completely agree ... sooner not drink the stuff than pretend.
    Me, I'm a tea junky ... and I drink so much of it I probably would get withdrawal symptoms ... but hell everyone has to have a vice ... er ... or two ...
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• I've had to cut down on my coffee intake since I stopped smoking. I used to to be able to drink gallons of the stuff but I seem more sensitive to it now. I polished off a whole pot of filter coffee one morning while on a course and felt fcuking terrible all day, was so wired my bloody teeth itched!
    I like vices, got several now. Still want one of them big, blacksmith type ones tho.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I once asked an American friend what they did with all the caffeine they took out of de-caffeinated coffee over there... thinking there must be some sort of Euro-food-mountain of it somewhere, or they just washed it away or something... he said "no, they sell it to Coca-Cola!"

Which of course most Americans drink :).

So do I... it's good. But *only* the proper stuff, none of that "diet" crap.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    So what you are saying, is that you hope Mrs Oct Mk2 doesn't make the same mistake.

Give him a chance, he hasn't killed Mrs. Oct Mk1  yet...........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Completely agree ... sooner not drink the stuff than pretend.
    Me, I'm a tea junky ... and I drink so much of it I probably would get withdrawal symptoms ... but hell everyone has to have a vice ... er ... or two ...
    Me too. I drink (on a normal day) at least 5 pints of tea (I shit ye not).......My work tea cup holds just under a pint, get refilled at least 5 times,,,,,,plus what ever I drink at home..........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Have you seen how they get the caffeine out ?

I'll never drink that shit again.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    that sounds cruel, this is why I stick to free range coffee.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited September 2013
    I've been told I must drink less caffeine, and increase my fluid intake, but I only have one decent coffee in the morning, and I'm not giving that up. I have tried to cut down on tea, but as the bloke who shares my office would surely die without it, and just keeps a continual stream of tea-making going all day, I cave in every time. But decaf? That's like eating a vindaloo, and not getting the after-effects in the morning. I'd feel quite cheated.

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited September 2013
    My gf still hasn't sussed "the system" for draining cutlery. My knives (incl table knives) are sharp so I place them pointwise down, all together in the same dept of the wire chrome thing. Whereas she will put them in random places usually with the point upwards. She doesn't understand that I don't wish to cut myself while reaching for something else, and she hasn't sussed that if all the items of the same type are together you can just grab the lot when they're dry and put them in the relevant place in the drawer. FFS  :x
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself